Saturday, August 26, 2006

Good Friends

I am soooo blessed to have awesome female friends! Get this, in the midst of my wedding attire turmoil McBean offered to run over and bring me a selection of shawls (many which she made herself). AND she had five to choose from!! Now that's a shawl selection.

I find as I get older (luckily I don't look a day over 25!) my female friends have taken on such a meaningful and supportive role in my life. Girlfriends rock!

Which brings me to my scrapbooking related topic of... is it just me or does anyone else get the majority of their scrapbooking done while away from home? Why is this? I think for me it is because the evening already has a plan, so I stick to it. Also, there is no phone, computer, or washing machine pulling me away from my agenda. Maybe it is the social butterfly in me that is most creative when surrounded by friends. Still, I HAVE to get better about scrapping more at home. Really, that way I don't have to drag all my stuff and I am using my stash. Not that I want to stop going to crops (a place where friends gather to scrapbook together, can be at a store (dangerous to finances!) a home, or even the Senior Center (right M?) ) I just want to suppliment them with actually doing more at home too.

This picture is of me scrapbooking at a retreat I went on awhile ago. Got a ton done there. I am going on another retreat, this one on the Cape, where I am actually teaching classes. If you are interested check it out at www.crazyforcroppin.com

Many of the people with whom I scrap don't scrap at home because they don't want to take all their goodies out and then have to put them all back. Yes, that can be a real bummer. Also an excuse I don't have though. DH made me an adorable scrapbook "room" out of a walk in closet. It is perfect and I love it.
This is just a picture of the back part of it. When I get my camera working again I will post another picture so you can better see the countertop he installed in there. Wayyyy fun.

So, go ahead and weigh in (really, commenting on blogs is part of the fun, let's me know who is visiting) and tell me where you scrap the most. :)

5 Comments:

At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too! I definately get more scrapbooking done away from home than at home. That may be due to the fact that one of my hobbies appears to be collecting hobbies!

One of the main attractions of scrapbooking is going out with friends and scrapbooking in itself is a very friend friendly hobby. You bring photos with you and that provides much chatting opportunity. You bring supplies with you that everyone has to check out and you always have to ask everyone's opinion of where to put that new snazzy embellishment! Very chatterly and friendshipperly like.

Ok - all this scrapbooking talk is making me want to go! Anyone want to make any plans????

And I also agree - Girlfriends Rock!

Blog on!

(p.s. I think perhaps, M'lady Crops-a-lot, you should give out prizes to all first time ever blog commenters? What do you think????)

(p.p.s. - And something else that is really cool about scrapbooking? Sometimes you put fiber like yarn and ribbon on your scrapbooking pages and that ups your daily fiber intake and that is very healthy for you!)

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Ah, Spincerely you hit the nail on the head! AND I think that friendshipperly is going to be my new favorite word. Yep, I definitely think so.

 
At 2:29 AM, Blogger B.Matt Kubinski said...

I can not claim to be a scrapbooker (Correct term?) yet i must admit that not only do i see the draw, i also share interest in its most basic elements: Design and Layout.

I have seen (and own) Lady Crops-A-Lot's work and truly it is a treasured personalized item that could never be matched by any store bought gift period. (Yeah I'm sappy but it made me cry. ok?) So she's good folks. I have seen the work of other family members that scrap, and Lady S-A-L is good.

That being said i think what sets her appart is her attention to good composition in her choise of layout. Anyone can glue yarn on a freaking page, but it takes Taste, Reserve, and Elegance to rise above the mere milk to become the cream. She has that. Subtle non garish color schemes. Timeless and easy-going design choises. Clever and easy to read captions. Innovative and original techniques.

From what i can tell anyway.

But I am not a scrapbooker.


p.s. I collect hobbies too Spin. I also collect PROJECTS!! (TOO MANY!)

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Dear B.Matt,
Your payment for writing such lovely things on the new blog is in the mail... (hee hee, just kidding so get back from that mailbox!). You see, you are a person to whom it is very rewarding to make personal gifts for because you appreciate them!!

Thank you for your comments and detail. (talk about making people cry, sniff... sniff).

Miss you!!!!

 
At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh...My Dearest Friend...

Offerring you my plethera (SP?) of hand-made shawls is the very LEAST a friend like me could do for a friend like YOU!!!

I'm liking your Blogs....keep 'em coming!

McBean

 

Post a Comment

<< Home