Sunday, August 27, 2006

Math Facts


What?? I cannot believe there are only 8 more days until my children return to school! AAAARRRGGGHHH! Yipe, where did the time go? Way back when, in June, I know I said to myself (and maybe to a friend or two...K!) that they would learn their math facts, practice instruments daily, and log all their reading.

Um, yeah. I believed that in June. Really. That must be another deficit I have... ADDD (Adult Delusional Deficit Disorder).

Recently
Spincerely commented that she didn't have her DDs practice facts as much as hoped either... so I thought a poem would be appropriate on this topic. Here goes:

It all started one day in June
Our kids were out, and MUCH too soon
My friends and I we did all swear
That our kiddies would not despair

For we would continue their schooling with glee
They'd keep learning you all see
We'd practice math, clarinet and spelling
For an hour a day, and there's no telling

Just how many books we would read
Then as we got closer we'd pick up speed
Math facts, math facts, every day
"They'd know them all by gum!" we'd say

So here I write, August is ending
And all my standards I am bending
There's no way we'll get it all done.
Oh well, at least we had..... fun!

So, yes, before a bajillion of you tell me that summer is for children to be footloose and fancy free - I know. It's just the teacher in me arguing with the mother in me I suppose. Balance is the key. They practiced some facts, they read, they had fun, they were enriched. All in all a good summer.

6 Comments:

At 2:41 AM, Blogger B.Matt Kubinski said...

HA HA! I am the first to comment on this post. But what the heck to say? I dont have kids OR a responisbility gene...

Oh well i guess poetry is the order of the day, and who am I to go against the grain?

Jenny Jenny Scraps a Lot
be so proud of what you got
your hobbies and your family
use all your time you busy bee

But dont forget your number one
And i know you know h'to have some fun
Just remeber when youre in a fog
your the first lady of the scrapbook blog!

KEEP GOING!

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Oh my dear Matt
I think I must say
Creativity runs in the family
Oy vey!

Your comments and encouragement are very sincere
Guess that's why I love ya dear

So I'll keep posting you will see
As long as you keep commenting back to lil'ole me!

You're such a sweetie!

 
At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Kristin,
Certainly b.matt is ever so funny, I said it ran in the family didn't I?! Let's see, title of blog, picture of scrappin, can't think who helped me with those things... must be some smart chick with good taste.

Pic was taken a couple of years ago at Lake Michigan. A couple getaway weekend courtesy of Mom and Dad. So nice, so peaceful, makes me relax just to see the picture.

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Jen, I have to say, I love your blog, and you've inspired me to start one myself. I also love the comments from Matt, although I must say reading his profile made me feel obnoxiously old, that my adopted baby bro could actually be 28, but yeah, I guess that's sounds about right. Anyway, hurry up and post more, I love reading them.

Great Job!

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Spincerely said...

If I close my eyes, I can see that bus driving toward my house - it is going to be here any minute now!!! I just KNOW it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home