Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Family Visit


How lucky are we! I just got to meet my nephew, Anthony, who lives on the other side of the country. They were here for a wedding and were able to spend a day with us. Here are some pics:



The kids on the trees recently taken down in our yard.











Anthony and Ethan enjoying the jeep. Well mostly enjoying it, there seemed to be some controversy about whom should drive....











The beach by the lake was a huge hit. Cold tootsies in the water, can't get much better than that!







Anthony looks a lot like my brother. It was so much fun to spend time with him, my sister in law and her mom. A lovely ending to the summer (though here school doesn't start until next week).

NOW the big question... mini-book or multiple 12x12 layouts? I think Kristin would say to minibook it. I am definitely in a mini-book phase at the moment anyway. And the pictures do lend themselves to it... we have the my house section, the outside, the lake, and the playground. And if I go to 6x6 or 8x8 it should go together quickly.

Then... maybe for Christmas I can make Anthony a book too. Yes, I think that's where I'll go with it. One present down! (ps - don't tell Anthony!)

I think I will model the mini-book after a childrens book like when I did Anthony's Brown Bear book. There is a Tomie dePaola book I have in mind, but if any of you have suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Happy Scrappin!

5 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, Blogger B.Matt Kubinski said...

follow your gut on that Jenny.
As for a link to my blog, i can not vouch for my content or language. I wouldnt be offended if you didnt include one. It is SO up to you.

 
At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I whole heartedly agree. The mini-book is the way to go.

 
At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope I'm doing this right. Let me know if you get it. This is so cool and I loved reading all of your comments. Love.
proudmamma

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

You did it!
Thanks, by the way look at the next post from me... you owe my son a cape! :)
(hee hee hee)

 
At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can tell they are all cousins!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home