Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Adhesive Thoughts - Goodbye Hermie...


I am sad to report that I have come to the conclusion that I must retire my hermafix dispenser (the gray dispenser in the pic). Believe it or not as I am looking back at old albums I am noticing that the pictures, embellishments, etc. that are attached with hermafix squares are falling off! I always knew that hermies are easy to move around (albiet carefully) as needed, but somehow I believed that eventually they would stay put (scrapbooking magic??).

So, I am out there for a replacement. I like the Creative Memories taperunner but they can stick at least in my experience. And it isn't too easy to get refills. However this may be my choice since it does stick once it's down there. And I have heard rumors that they are improving the way the tape flows out. Anyone know about that??

I have also purchased the xyron cheetah but haven't tried it out yet. It seems to me that it puts out an awful lot of adhesive and refills can be expensive.

Tabs that you have to peel are just not for me. Too slow.

Really the hermafix option was the one I was happiest with. I have used it for many years now and find it fast and easy. The refills, while not cheap, seem reasonably priced compared to other same type of product.

Any comments or advice on this topic would be welcome. What has worked for you? Should I "stick" with my Hermie and just use tons more of it????

So many adhesives for so many different uses. For the benefit of those people who may not know what I am referring to... see the pic. Thanks for your help!

4 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Blogger Spincerely said...

Oh no, say it isn't so! How can you disgrace the beloved Hermies in public!! Really - I think the problem is that you have a grey hermie dispenser, I think you (and I) should run out now and buy one of the new sparkley pink ones!!! Maybe it is all those hermies that I've sniffed over the years - but please, tell me - what other adhesives provide entertainment fun after they have been all used up??? How will we get our croppin' kicks if we can't pull out all the used backing and drape it around our heads? Can you do that with CM, the straight and serious brand, I ask? Which adhesive after hermie has the most fun value??? I think you should do a spreadsheet for us so we can cross reference each brand with the attributes we find most important in an adhesive then we can vote on the attributes to rate their importance and we can come up with a numeric value and then we can all convert en masse to the winner. (oh wait, first we should buy stock in the winning company, then all convert...)

 
At 6:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - Stop giving Spincerely the inspiration to go out and buy things! It seems like the UPS man has been coming here every day as it is! (Hum....note to self, investigate if UPS-man is as handsome as me).

Any way welcome to the blogosphere. I love the color pallete of your blog. Keep up the good work!

 
At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are truely in a sticky situation. AH, I crack myself up!!!

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Jerkemy said...

jenny, i cannot for the life of me figure out how to email you through this page, so i am going to send matt a picture to send to you. Her name i s Isabelle Adia Boyd and she was born April 19,2006. I'm surprised you haven't heard any of this considering I asked your brother to be her GODFATHER!!! In hindsight that may have been a mistake :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home