Monday, June 11, 2007

Running Out of Happy Thoughts

Hello There!
I know, it's been awhile. I actually have been mentally talking to all of you, just haven't managed to get it down on the blog yet. However, that is most likely a good thing since these are the titles I was considering:

- Is It Possible to Run Out of Tears? (yes, i'm sad that I am moving - will never replace my friends or even come close, prepared for years of loneliness and woe)

- Moving Countdown (not good for those of you emailing me that you are still in denial)

- 100 Reasons Why Being a "Single" Mom S*CKS (don't even get me started... it has been months with Jeff in Michigan and me and the kids here - YUCK)

- Top Ten Meals to Make When Nobody Eats but You (and too much at that!)

ETC.

You get my drift. I have not been at a high point. Additionally I am sad to tell you that after a brave and long battle with cancer my Aunt Suzy passed on yesterday. I am sad and have noboday to share my sadness with which is sort of hard (I am a talk it out to cope type person).

SEE?!

This is why no blogging for me! Now I have made you all sad. :(

I am down to my final two weeks. I have parties to plan, things to finish, things to pack. Max had a 104.9 degree temp today and was home from school. Doctor thinks it's a virus and I hope the whole family doesn't get it!

We did not find a new house on our trip, so we will be living in a temporary place for awhile. Not the best solution, but it has it's positive aspects.

OY VEY!

I have a funny marker story to share with you, and I know I have things to be happy about and that I am blessed. Please excuse my sadness - just keepin it real.

Love,
me

7 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

Hey, Jenny. Glad to hear from you on my blog. I knew you were busy with packing. And that totally sucks. And I can't imagine doing it all alone. BTW, what does Jeff do again. Sorry...

Yes, Ty is one lucky boy. You mentioned getting together for a long weekend. I looked at a map, and it's quite far for a drive. I'd have to fly...so that may be a bit. But I would LOVE to come sometime. Really. I'd love to see you! And since you are a SAHM, it could be just during a lull in your schedule. Cuz, I can come anytime, not just summer. We'll have to chat more about that.

Cheer up! We all love you. And I'll be praying that you have a smooth move. And that the kids transition nicely, so you won't have the added stress!

Love you!
K

 
At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about "10 things to look forward to in Michigan"

10. South Haven Blueberry Festival
9. Bicycling as a family
8. Walking every morning with my mother
7. Planning and cooking healthy meals for my family and my parents
6. Toilet training Ethan at Nana's house
5. No mortgage payment (at least temporarily)
4. Discovering a new place as a family
3. Sleeping in the same bed as my husband
2. Meeting my husband for lunch
1. New scrapbook stores!!!!

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Ah yes anonymous grasshopper - new scrapbook stores gooooooood.

Also like #s 3 and 2... will hold you to them!

Thank you for the well wishes Kristy - can't wait to see you again!

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

Are you moving close to family? Is Nana your mom or Jeff's? That's gotta be a good thing, right? And I would agree with that list. ;)

K

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

Hey, on a blog note, how on earth do I get my pic to show up with a comment? I have looked and looked and I come up empty....

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Spincerely said...

I have a box of brownie mix that I'm willing to share...

 
At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jen! Sorry to hear about your Aunt. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Hang in there girlie! Remember the 21 (mi?) of trails (across/up- whatever) in MI. Think of me when you are running them- HA! Also tell Ethan & Max & Abbie to say Hi to Kyle's Cheetahs at the Binder Zoo. Boy so much to look forward to maybe I will have to visit...hmmm...as long as I don't get lost and have to call your Dad...HaHa Hope this cheers you up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home