Wednesday, January 31, 2007

No Girls Allowed

Hello Everyone!
After a couple of emails ah-hem.. "reminding" me about a new post I thought I'd better get at it! Don't worry, my reminders were all in good fun. I think that what holds me up often is pictures. I think posts with pictures are more fun - but then I have to upload the picture, save it at a smaller resolution, etc. etc. So today a story - tomorrow I am posting some recently finished layouts so be sure to check back. Oh, and those "reminder" gals - I expect to hear comments from you!!! ;)

So anyway, my title hints at what changed in my house over the weekend. We finally moved Ethan into the bedroom with Max. Prior to this he was in our room in his crib still. Though he will soon be moving to a toddler bed we kept him in his crib for now to ease the transition. I KNOW Heather will be proud of me! I do miss him being in my room though. And the change is not without problems. There have been, in fact, numerous instances of blood curdling screaming errupting from Max's room. The causes of this include:

- Max turns on light when he wakes at 6am... this abrupt awakening does not thrill Ethan.

- Ethan rips down decoration on Max's wall during his "nap".

- Max shoots "hoops" into the crib - with Ethan sleeping in it.

- Ethan causes an arromatic air change... oh my oh my Max was not happy to have his room smell like "baby droppings!"

Those are the highlights. And so far it is only day 3! I hope it gets easier. If Jeff travels it will be the first time I am alone in my room for the past 2.5 years. Oh my!

On another topic - I have found this great blog that features many quotes. I love quotes, always have. I need to make a book to collect them all in. Here's a good one to end with:

“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” -- Dr. Seuss


3 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you going to share the name of the great website or are you keeping it a secret so you will become known as the friend we all envy for your abilty to spew out cool quotes at a second's notice?

 
At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, the pressure. I can't think of a single thing to comment about. Oh no! Oh no! I hope I don't get banned from your blog!

 
At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, well, maybe I can think of some things if I try really hard.
OK - I think I have some:
- Like Kristin, I am also wondering about the website. Where's the link, Chica?
- I think Kendra would agree with Max on the turning on the light thing. For the short time that Kendra and Jade shared a room - the one issue that we remember most was that Jade would climb up onto Kendra's bed to turn on the light and Kendra was none too happy about that.
- Good luck with the room sharing! Sounds challenging especially with a 4 year age difference.
- How did you get the different fonts in your post?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home