Thursday, August 09, 2007

Finally!

Good morning!
Yes, finally I am back.
I am sorry it has been too long.

I think it is a combination of computer issues, life, summer with the kids, and the extreme (in amount we've seen anyway...) house hunting that has kept me from keeping up. I hope to get better............

So, on to the updates - yesterday we put an offer in on a house. Don't know if it will wind up being a "done deal" or not. Waiting for their counter or acceptance of the offer. You all will know when/if we are ever home owners again. I won't go into the type of house yet or anything... but stay posted for updates either tonight (oh wouldn't that be great for it to be done tonight???!!!) or tomorrow. As soon as it's done. I'll just say this, it's similar in size to my old home but has five bedrooms! A room for guests! Whoo hoo!!!! Who's coming to visit me first?!

As to what else is new, not much. I will make a list:

*Registered the kids for school and they took placement tests this week. I was very happy with the positive reception they both received. :)

*This weather has been DISGUSTING here. My parents keep claiming it's "unusual" and "atypical" - but i've had some other natives tell me it's like this often. It is so humid outside that it is thick to breathe. Just opressive. Like you don't even want to be in a pool or at the beach because it's SO HOT AND HUMID. Yuck. My hair is in constant 911 mode. I kid you not it is like day 60 of this humid "spell". Please hope for me that it ends soon. I am VERY LUCKY though that my parents have central air, so at least we can sleep at night and breathe by day when inside. Phew! That's a good thing!

*All we have been doing every moment we have "free" time is house hunting.

*Abbie's soccer team had summer training this week (three days) and starts practices next week already. Whoo wee!

*If you here me say "i'm tarred" instead of "i'm tired" you will know that I am already aquiring a midwestern accent!

*I NEVER get any "free" time to use the phone! I miss talking to all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*School starts here after Labor Day - I will be starting the countdown soon. I am so excited for school that yesterday we bought new backpacks (the Princess got hers at L2) and school supplies even though we don't know what we'll need yet!

*I have had a toothache for three days now, I need to find a dentist.

*Ethan is talking really well now (though you may hear him say he's "tarred") and loves riding his new bike. Our biking adventures are another post - but suffice it to say there has been a ton of riding being done. Where we are is full of biking trails.

*The house we put a bid on is a rideable by bike distance away from my parents, with adult supervision (there is some main road travel needed).

Okay - on to the story where I last left you a MONTH ago.
What exploring did we do that left something in many orifices?
Spinny guessed cereal - all I can say is I WISH!

Drum roll.....

Here are the pics: This is the vechicle that we did our torture ride in. No really, it wasn't that bad and was tons of fun and educational too!
We went on a dune ride and explored the dunes near Lake Michigan. We learned how dunes are formed and we learned that when the driver shouts "hold on" it is a good idea to follow directions immediately. We also learned that the driver means it when he says that you will get some sand "everywhere".
Here is King Max standing on a dune.
You really had to hold on! AND keep your mouth CLOSED. When you are going fast and whipping around a sand track and going up and down hills that sand will getcha. I had it in my teeth, hair, fingernails, on my face as a scrub. Crazy.
Can you believe all that sand!
After our sand scrubbing we all went to Lake Michigan for a dip, and aquired more sand! I am still getting it out of the rugs of the minivan. But hey, it was worth it. Family fun!!!
Well, I miss you all.
Leave a comment if you can.
Stay tuned for house updates and pics.
Take care and enjoy the rest of the summer! :)

4 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, Blogger Spincerely said...

First comment!!! Whoo hooo!!!
Good luck on your house! I think that if this doesn't work though, you should apply to be on House Hunters. You would make an excellent episode!
I think I have already started counting down for school here -- every time I look at a calendar, I make a mental note of how many days are left... Way too many if you ask me. I think if we went back at a normal time of let's say Aug 28 or 29, it would be so much more managable! The sand dunes look like fun! I love the photo of "King Max" and not a cloud in the sky! I do think driving through a vat of Fruit Loops would have been entertaining also. Have you seen any wild cereal yet?

 
At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeaaay you are back on. Missed ya! Please dont drive your realtor crazy!! Haha- know this is a BIG decision for you all and you want something that screams "Stull"..Anyways, we took kids up the dunes (when we saw my sister out there on our infamous trip) and probably got MORE sand than you because we CLIMBED up them...It was fun and beautiful..Get on your bike!!!!
Love ya, take care thinking of ya!
Kimmy

 
At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back Jen!!!! I've missed your updates. I said to Scrapbook Bob last night "It's been a whole month since Jen posted, she must be going crazy house hunting". And now here you are , back, and with an offer on a house. Yeah!! I'm so happy for you. If it makes you feel any better, it's been hot and humid here too. We were on vacation last week, so we got to enjoy the sun and the heat some. Beach, outlets, etc. It was just fun being with my guys. Everyone here says "Hi Jenny!"
Miss you lots,
Deb

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

Happy to see you are back. Here in the midwest it's horribly hot everywhere. HOT with killer humidity. I don't think I will ever get used to that. At last night's Kenny concert, it was about 100 and icky sticky. But oh, so worth it. (check out my blog to see pics!)

Good luck on the house hunting. I believe I may be doing the same when I return from my sister's. Just me and Ty....more on that later.

Kristy ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home