Friday, September 07, 2007

You May Not Hear From Me for Awhile...

because today I am having some endodontic (oral surgery) work done. OUCH! I will need stitches and everything. I am told this is going to be a lost weekend with lots of swelling and then after three days the swelling will go down???? Oh lucky me I can hardly wait.

Many of you have requested back to school pics. I'll show you the best of them, but this was the most depressing back to school ever. When I see my kids pics to me they look nervous and scared instead of the happy anticipation we usually have. Did they have good first days? Well, Ethan did pretty well. First day of preschool! The other two... hmmm... it is very scary going into huge schools and knowing nobody. TONS of mother guilt going on here. TONS. Each day is getting a little better, and hopefully it will continue to do so. Still, not a day goes by that i don't wish I was someplace else still. Do you think that will ever change? Or not until we move back?
Okay, pics are here. First is Abbie getting ready... second is Max at the door of his classroom.
When I went to add the pictures of Ethan I see that they are not on the computer yet, so they will be in the next post. I am off to do the drives to school. There is a woman that lives in CT that drives all her children (3) to school at differing times every day. For years. Egad! This is getting old to me already and it is day 4! In the morning I leave at 7:20 with Abbie, get back at 8:00, leave at 8:20 with Max and get home at 9. Feels like I am driving all morning even if there is a break in there! I am SO tired. {okay, also that is from not sleeping due to terror over tooth surgery}.
Hope your first days went well.
Wish me luck!

4 Comments:

At 7:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jen,
I hope the surgery went well. I think sipping cool liquids will make it feel better.( Pina Coladas, Margheritas, etc), what do you think? :>)

I know the kiddos will do fine in school. It just takes a few weeks to settle in and make friends. They are both very outgoing, tell them to just be themselves and everyone will love them!

Well off to work. Yeah it's Friday!!!

Love and prayers,
Deb

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Spincerely said...

Good luck Jenny! Maybe you will have some good drugs and get to catch up on your sleep. Wouldn't that be the silver lining!

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

I am so sorry you are having oral surgery. Anything on the face sucks. I agree with Deb, something like a nice cool beverage, of the alcoholic variety might do the trick.

The kiddos will make friends soon enough. It's tough at first. But they are at an age where it's not to clique-y. I moved my junior year. Now, that sucked. (especially since I moved away from you, my friend!)

Thinking about you....and hoping you heal quickly!

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Hey Jen

Just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday a bit late. Remember I have a standing excuse to be late, as I have to celebrate with my other Polish Virgo.

Anyway, I hope your endodonics are recovering nicely, and that you had a great day yesterday.

Lots of love~
Kim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home