Tuesday, November 27, 2007

In My Humble Opinion...

Hello Again!
Two days in a ROW!
Aren't you impressed????
If you haven't read in awhile make sure to catch the one under this one, it has updates and pictures in it.

Okay, so believe it or not based on my lame-o posting I have seen a few movies lately (well within the past two months anyway). Part of the reason is that we don't have "normal" TV yet (ie: no cable) but when Meme and Papa were here we got some rabbit ears (antenna inside thingys) and were able to receive a few channels. We got the parade, we got football, at least that was covered.

Anyway.... I thought if you hadn't seen some of these you may enjoy:

"Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer" (out on video) - very good, fine for whole family. I love super hero movies anyway (not a chick flick fan) but even if you hadn't seen the first one you could follow this one. Good vs Evil always fun to watch.

"Mr. Magoriums Magical Emporium" (in theaters) - Very cool special effects. Very appropriate for adults too, especially if you are a fan of Dustin Hoffman. Not what I was expecting the movie to be. Ethan was bored. I liked it, but was bummed by it also. Sooooo... a good one, but you could wait for the video. Everyone else liked it more then me. That includes Meme and Papa too.

"Hairspray" (video) - OH MY OH MY i LOVE this movie! Love Zac Efron in it (Link) love love love John Travola in it and Christopher Walkin is hilarious. I have watched this multiple times (well, parts of it) and I only bought it the Wednesday before thanksgiving! The big kids love it! Get it! Watch it! Of course, I love all musicals and also get this excited over HSM and HSM2....
but this was fantastic.

"Transformers" (video) - Okay, this one was a surprise for Jeff and I. I got it because I like the main actor (Shia LeBouf) from his disney days and think he is very talented. Well, we loved it! Didn't have the big kids watch it (pg13) but I know Abbie could have. A very surprisingly good movie. Two thumbs up!

Well, that's not as many as I thought.
Have you seen any good ones lately?
Give us some tips!

I personally cannot wait to see this and ESPECIALLY can't wait to see this.
Have you seen the first one yet? I heard it is fantastic.
Leave us your reviews!
Happy Tuesday!

4 Comments:

At 7:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoo Hoo! First Comment 2 days in a row!! Does that mean I need to find more ways to occupy my time??? Sounds like you are enjoying your movie time. We took Zach and 4 of his friends to see "Bella" on Friday. They really liked it. It is only showing in select locations (we had to go to Waterbury)You can find out where it is showing at www.metanoiafilms.com
I am emailing to your regular email a couple of links with info on "The Golden Compass". Be very wary of this movie, and particularly the books. They are not appropriate for children of any age, and the author has very evil intentions. Be very careful please.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Spincerely said...

Hello again! I can't believe it - I missed being the first comment twice in a row! Deb is getting good!

Let's see - what did we watch? Oh yeah, The Last Mimzy. We had it out from Netflix for 2 months before we watched it. It was good.

We are anxiously awaiting Enchanted and The Golden Compass. I would love to take the girls the night it comes out, but I think there may be a school dance that night so we will see when we get time. IHA read the books and really liked them. Oh and Agent B just said that she read the first one and liked it. I know that the movie is PG-13, but so was Harry Potter. Let me go see what the 13 part is all about...ok, the review I just read gave it four stars and the pg-13 part comes from violence -- one scene in particular with bears fighting.

Did you get a chance to check out Twilight by Stephenie Meyer yet?? Delicious!

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Hey! I'm excited about Enchanted, but I looked up The Golden Compass on Snopes after reading Deb's comment, and we'll be skipping that one at our house. I always check snopes with things like that, and it checks out as being true, and this guy definitely has evil intentions. I know Reese wanted to see it, but we'll be skipping it for sure.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

Glad to see you are back! I too have heard very bad things about the Golden Compass. Very anti-Christian. I certainly am NOT going to see it, and tell everyone not to see it as well. Even if it does have Nicole Kidman.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home