Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Three Good Things

Welp, I am so lucky that I think I actually have another lucky charm. You may remember from a post lonnnnnng ago that I have this one friend with whom I only need to discuss something and then "poof" the problem is soon solved. She knows who she is. I even call her "lucky charm" when I am in the mood to. So anyway, yesterday I am talking to a great friend, a different one from L.C. It seems by flat out b**ching to her for about an hour about the choice to move here - a reverse jinx occurred. Yes. Do you believe this? Another lucky charm! I have such awesome friends (all of you, every single one). Yep I do.

So, okay, I am making this short story long here. So, yesterday I am all feeling sorry for myself. I go to pick up La Princessa from school (about 2 hours after my call) and she says, "Mom! A great thing happened today! I got picked!" Well, she had in her hand a certificate that said:

Make a Kid's Day
Abigail ... what fantastic thing did she do?
Abbie is an awesome student. She asks great questions and is a hard worker. She is a joy to have on our team!
Thanks!
Team 6 - 3 Teachers

Then she got her picture taken and posted on the sixth grade Dean's wall, AND got a free cookie (really large, fresh baked!) from the school caf! She was so proud to be picked, and so early in the year! Darn near made me cry (I teared up - a lot!) I was so happy for her to feel so good in school. And I must say I was majorly impressed with her teachers for nominating her and making her feel special. Did I also tell you that her guidance counselor called me, twice, just to say "hi" ask me how I felt she was doing, and give me his take on her adjustment. Then he had her team leader call me too just to check in. They all said she was doing great! Not just good, great! Her team leader said that you'd never even know she was a "new" student because she fits in that well.

You see - the reverse jinx had started.... was making me have difficulty maintaining my formerly sour on the state mood.

Then, today comes (as does happen) and I wake up and NO HUMIDITY! Holey tamoley I think this is the first day that there has been, gasp, a lovely breeze! And it was under 80!!! Whoo hoo.

So..... I go to Ethan's gymnastics and a mom there is talking about how she just moved here in May from Boston! Oh it was nice to talk to another East Coaster. Felt nice. AND I met a mom in the neighborhood (thanks to kids now riding bus in the morning) and she seems very nice. Going to school for nursing and with kids just slightly younger then my two boys. Her name's Jen too - so I at least have a shot at remembering it.

Finally Abbie fairly leaps into the car today at pickup time. She says "Mom, mom three good things today!" Wow! She said, "first my pictures came back(the pic at the beginning of this post) and they even look okay except for my hair looks fuzzy (humidity again I tell ya!)... then I got a 100 on my math test! ... then I have so many more friends now and I met a really nice girl who lives by us and takes our bus!" Oh my! I think I was smiling so big too! So nice to see my sweet girl's eyes filled with joy instead of anxiety. So nice.

So Miss Heather - I guess you get to be called "Lucky Charm" too!

3 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

Glad to see a happy post, girl! Things are only going to get better and better....

love,
the eternal optimist

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger Kim said...

I knew things would turn around for you Honey. So happy to hear they finally are!

Abbie my love, I'm so happy for you too. It's all going to be great now Sweetie, and you still have all your old friends too. If nothing else, the length and strength of my friendship with your mom proves that that distance doesn't end friendships.

Love to all of you~
Kim

 
At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh so nice to "hear" the happiness is returning to the family. {Hey Abbie, great picture, but you need to stop looking so darn grown-up! :>) You'll be giving Mom gray to go with the frizz in her hair.( hee hee hee).} Jen, I'm really happy that things are going well. I knew you would all be fine once people got to know you. what's not to love!!! Miss you lots, Deb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home