Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Neighbors!

Well..... you will all be very proud of me.
I FINALLY got brave enough to go next door and meet the new neighbors (they moved in the day before thanksgiving - and in my defense I did have company for awhile there).

They are a lovely family that moved here from Florida - like us they have some family here too (i mean really like us... one set of parents and one brother! - eerie!). Like us they were living in the 'rents basement while the house finished. Like us they have never been "midwesterners" before. They are a family of three (a four year old boy that will be able to play with ethan!) and another one on the way. Whoo hoo! A baby!!

I had to try to contain my enthusiasm to meet them. Didn't want to seem too stalkerish. I am just so tired of not having a social life here. Didn't quite have the time to ask her if she was a scrapbooker (didn't see any scrap related "droppings" though), but she is a stay at homer too. Cross your fingers for me - I haven't always had neighbor luck in the past. Don't get me wrong, I've had nice neighbors - just didn't click with them on a social level. Cheryl was my most recent "neighbor" friend, and she was a goodie!!! Oh and you may notice that I am not referring to the neighbors by name.... well if Kristin was on the blog live she could answer why... can you? Answer at the bottom of the post.

So, you will note that I am posting daily. I will try to keep it up.

Prior to meeting the neighbors my day was fairly glum and gloomy. The gray weather here bothers me more then I expected it to. I think I am going to look into some tanning believe it or not. Maybe just once a week for about 15 minutes, just for some good ole sun. What do ya think? Ever heard of that helping? I just have to make sure that nobody has to see me in my bathing suit (oh the horrors!) in order to do the tanning thing.

Hey, if you have a moment can you send me your favorite thing to do on a gray and gloomy day? Just PLEASE don't say to bake! I am all too good at that one and unless I want to look EXACTLY like Edna Turnblad I need to stop baking NOW. So, non food related tips please.

For your viewing pleasure here are the frames I made for my niece and nephews for Halloween. Are you planning any Christmas projects? I haven't decided yet. I haven't even given much thought to teacher gifts yet - so KRISTIN (mentioned twice in one entry, perhaps she will write back???? - broad and obvious hint) if you have any ideas... that goes for you too Michelle (who reads but doesn't comment much... let's go chickie!)! Deb, any thoughts for me? What are you doing this year Spinny? Krafty Kristy? I know you don't have to do teacher gifts yet girl, but it's never too soon to start compiling those ideas! Kim? Kimmy? Sue? Becky? Aunt barb? Somebody give me an idea okay????? Back to the Halloween projects - the one that shows what the back looked like is Ruthie's, I didn't forget her. I used wood frames, halloween paper, initials and doodads from Michael's, paint, sandpaper, and my all time favorite MOD PODGE!
Happy Hump Day!
me
PS - the reason I am not featuring my neighbors names is that they went in one ear and out the other! In my nerves/excitment to meet them I don't even think I heard their names. I just remember their little boy's name. Yep, that's it. Egad. Oh well.... I'll figure it out somehow!

5 Comments:

At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Spincerely, you truly are slipping. I believe this is a triple play for me. :>)! Really though I just think it's luck.
Jen, you go girl and meet those neighbors, they will love you. If she doesn't scrap you can teach her. I LOVE the little frames, So Cute!
I haven't had any time to think up Christmas projects yet. I'm way behind, not even making my cards this year. I think some of those "mixes" for cookies , etc would be good for teachers. You could scrap fun containers to put them in. That's about as creative as my brain can get right now.
I'm going to New Jersey to the Jersey Garden Outlet mall this weekend with my 4 high school friends. Hoping to get some Christmas shopping done. Wish me luck.
Deb

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Spincerely said...

I saw a simulated daylight lamp in a catalog. Which one??? Perhaps Sharper Image? (I couldn't remember the name of the catalog so I called out "Dave what is the name of that catalog with all the stuff in it?" And he knew just the one I was talking about. That's 17 years for ya!) Anyway, that has to be less expensive and healthier than tanning, maybe? Anyway, gloomy days really get to me. I'm still working on ideas for that one.

Can you tell me how the homework is going with your children. You mentioned in the beginning of the year that they didn't really get any. Is that still holding true or are they starting to load them up now. I feel like my girls all have so much homework that we can never do anything fun after school. All we have to look forward to is hours of complaining and homework. Pretty much they all have much much homework every night. I told Dave that I wish I could be a real homeschooling type of parent because then we could do all the school work during the day and have the evenings free. Not send them to school for their good hours and have them come home and have to have "homeschool" all over again during the witching hours. (Teachers don't have to cook dinner while helping children with their school work do they?) So tell me, is it still true that they have little homework and what is that like???

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Great job, Jen! I do wish you luck as I know you haven't always had it in the past with neighbors, but so far it sounds like a good start.

As to projects, well, I have to say that between my two jobs, and especially with the two aspects of my main job having such high creativity levels, at times, like now, I come home exhausted and drained of all creative inclinations. I want to do clipboards for the kids teachers again, or at least, for Kayleigh's. The way I feel about Reese's teacher this year, I must say it's hard to even imagine getting or making her a gift. I really don't like her, although he does, so I try to keep my feelings to myself.

I think Spinny's idea about the sunlamp is far better than tanning, as we know that can be dangerous. Most likely far cheaper too.

Anyway, darling, I'm off now. I'm so tired I can hardly see straight.

Love you~
Kim

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Hi there!
Hey Deb, have fun in Jersey!!! It is a good idea about those mix thingys... hmmmmm....

Spinny and Kim - will look into the sun lamp idea. I just figured the cost of it would be prohibitive, but that was not based on anything but a guess! I will check out Sharper Image.

Neither of my children have homework hardly ever this year. I mean really just reading and a math sheet occasionally for Max (and the math is optional would you believe!) and Abbie having work to do is VERY rare as well. I must say it is nice - but it also doesn't keep me as in touch as I like to be about what they're doing. Also freaks me out a bit and makes me feel like MI is so "behind" - even if it is more child appropriate not to kill them with work. It really seems here that it is important to make sure the kiddies have time for sports, friends, and worship. So - no homework for us. My kids are getting into bad habits in that regard.

 
At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mommy,
for your information i do get homework and when i do it can be very difficult!! Another thing is that we don't have is much homework as them because they have a 6 hour day and i have a 7 hour day so we have a whole hour for each of our classes so we dont get a lot....next my teachers dont belive in homework they belive in assigments because they only give us assigmants is they give us at least 20 min. in class to work on it. well i gotta go get ready to go to Chicago!!!

Love,
abbie <3

 

Post a Comment

<< Home