Sunday, January 06, 2008

Weekend of Rest

My what a dreary weekend we had here. Rain and fog - what fun! This is the view out our front window. Welp - not much to do but hunker down and relax. Well, sort of. Really we got a lot done. Wanted to get more done, but will give myself credit for about 20 loads of laundry, all bed linens washed and remade, curtains hung in every child's room, grocery shopping done and menu planned for the week, made two meals tonight and froze half of both (black bean and shrimp soup for us and homemade breaded chicken tenders for the kids), all (ALL) my scrap stuff rescued from my mom's house and brought here, oh - and I "un" decorated too. Not too bad I guess. Lots of other little stuff between there too. What we didn't do was a ton of running around, that was nice.


Really all of us got to do what we wanted. Here is Ethan playing with his favorite Christmas gift which was his wooden toolbench. He has played with it a LOT. I won't say non-stop, he has many gifts he likes - but this is up there.


Unfortunately Ethan also got sick this weekend. High fever and really lethargic due to it. Today he was doing better fever wise, but has such a sore throat that he hardly ate - I guess I'm off to the pediatrician tomorrow.





The other pictures are of Abbie playing the Wii which as you can imagine is a BIG hit here. Max is wrestling (note my poor leg in the shot) and Jeff is playing with his laptop (not really, trying to catch up on work email is more like it).

Uh, I am having trouble with the layout of these pictures and trying to write. I think next entry I am going back to the picture being in the middle. It's just easier for me that way.

So, as far as resolutions go I am challenging myself to a new one. Last post I didn't go into scrapbooking too much but I've been thinking about it a lot today. There are many things I want to do with my meager scrappin time.

1. I want to do a year long calendar this year. I love the one I did of 2006 and found it really easy to do. I just keep up with writing what we did on blank calendar grid paper like this. Then each month I do a one page layout on whatever exciting happened. Easy.

2. In the month of January (yeah, I know, it's the sixth already) I want to do a page a day finish work. It is crazy how many "almost done" pages or projects I have laying around. If I can pull off finishing 31 of those things I will be thrilled. Anyone else do that? Anyone else up for the challenge?????

3. I need to be packing up things to do for an overnight crop with Heather at the end of the month. If I don't start that soon I won't have enough to do. So I have to get on that.

Well I am all over the place tonight. I guess that's what happens when I am better about writing. Really I need to try to write during the morning when I am more awake!

I hope you have a great week - let me know if you want to join in on the 31 page challenge. Oh, and how are your resolutions going?

Take care! :)

3 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! So, ummm, is it ok to tell you that I didn't know what the first picture was in this post? I thought it was a board painted white. I was thinking to myself, "hmmm... this is strange she has a photo of a white piece of wood, what the heck can she be writing about."
Black Bean and Shrimp Soup sounds yummy!!! Can you send some to CT???
As to my "3 to 6" resolution, I get another week to try it out! We have some busy-ness/Craziness starting up this week too. My first night of my "3 to 6" resolution I ended up screaming at Agent K. I was trying to make a roast beef dinner and she had all her stuff from her back pack spread out in front of the oven because she was trying to clean smushed rotten orange out of her binder and she was holding up a paper towel in the air and randomly spraying kitchen cleaner at it from over 12 inches away. This was after she had done all her cheers and had completely demolished all my scant "3 to 6" brain cells. So anyway, I screamed, she went to her room, and then IHA called saying he was still at work. So there went my dinner timing. I had it all set to be ready at 6. So we ate at the counter without him...
As to my resolution to comment more on other people's blogs, I think I'm holding my own:)
I'm not sure I'm up to the 31 day scrapbook challenge. Maybe I can play along for 1 or 2 days??? I can't wait to see some of your finished projects though!

 
At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, so I usually check your blog everyday(sometimes multiple times. I miss a day and you have three posts!!! You really are being good. You are motivating me too. As we speak I am "shining my sink" Yup it's sitting full of bleach and water. :>) SBBob thinks I'm silly.
I think I am up for the 31 day challenge. I'm 7 days behind, but I will work on it. Are we completing 31 pages, or 31 projects? I need to finish Jer's Norwich album, and get going on Zach's high school album. Graduation will be here before I know it!!

Have a great week
Deb

 
At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think there is no way I can attempt the 31 day challenge! I do want to finish my un-finished things though! I am leaving for a scrap weekend in a week and a half and have not organized one thing! It will get done!

How about that? 2 comments in 10 minutes!!!!

Becky

 

Post a Comment

<< Home