Tuesday, July 15, 2008

What Kind of Scrapbooker Are You?

Sorry for my quiet jag... but I'm back and am apparently in a philosophical mood. Also I am missing everyone and wishing we could scrapbook, or just hang out and do whatever, together. In a rare flash of insight I had an idea. Hmmm... I'll build to it. Here's my thoughts -

For those of you readers who scrapbook (or who’d like to if there were enough hours in the day) I was just wondering what kind of scrapbooker you are?

Are you a “caught up” person who waits for new pictures to be developed because everything else is done?

Are you a “half done”? This unfortunately fits me to a "t". I have many, many projects and layouts just waiting for "one more thing". Very often that one thing is the journaling since I am unable to journal at crops and that seems to be the only place I scrap lately.

Are you a “want to” - you have the stuff, you have the desire, you lack the execution.

Are you a different type all together? What type are you?

My goal is to be a “consistent” scrapbooker. I really want to pick one night a week (one night, I should be able to do one night right? Come on now… just one night is doable) to work on this hobby which I truly enjoy and helps to recharge my batteries. Why is it so hard to find that elusive “discretionary time” for my beloved hobby? I think too often we feel guilty about spending time for ourselves. About doing something that is not child or home centered (although, by its very nature scrapbooking is that).

So, while driving in the car – on a very long journey might I add – and typing this entry up I have devised a plan. How about we pick a night… yes, we – and scrap together? I know we may not be physically together… but we can sign on the blog – just to say “I’m in!” and then while we work we can think happy thoughts about eachother and then log in again to say what we did (or didn’t) get done. That’s what I think it will take for a lot of us… making an appointment to ourselves, and others, to be there and JUST DO IT.

Whatdoyathink? If I commit to be there (and maybe put up an idea or challenge from time to time) will you commit to join me? Who’s interested? What night should we pick? I am thinking of Monday or Thursday night? Or maybe Sunday night?

Let’s start this week!
No excuses.
Just Do It (love that phrase).

Looking forward to scrapping with you…
J

5 Comments:

At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoo Hoo!! I'm in...I vote for Monday night. It was really fun scrappin' with you in person, but I guess this is the next best thing. I actually scrapped yesterday for awhile again. I ended up with 8 pages done over the weekend. Four of them even have the journaling done.

Well, glad to know you arrived safely home. Hope you get some time to relax.

Love SBDeb

 
At 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh scrapbooking! I think I remember that! I think what has changed for me the most is the advent of digital pictures. I no longer have of piles of photos waiting to be scrapbooked. They are all sitting over there to my left safely tucked away on my personal external hard drive. I know they are there; they know I'm here, but they don't seem to be printing out and matching up with the paper and glue stick. I guess, in a way, a blog is a sort of scrapbook. For me, it is a scrapbook with more words as I have never been much of a journaler. I also used to be the kind of scrapbooker who did pages to completion until I met you! Now, I too, have half finished pages everywhere! What a bad influence you are!
So - hey - I have an idea. I've seen blogs that have little message screens in their sidebars. Maybe we can research to see if Blogger has a plug-in for that and it can sort of be like IM on your blog! And Monday is a definite possibility for me. Maybe I can just even work on printing my photos!

 
At 7:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May I suggest Skype? You can open a conference call on the computer for free? If you have a webcam you can use it to see one another or show your work.

 
At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, so I am DEFINATELY a half here and there scrapbooker. I have so many unfinished layouts, it is not funny. I wish I could be organized and scrap pictures in order but I don't. I am very random. Maybe with this next one I will go more in order and be more organized... we will see... I am up for commiting to one night a week. I do not have internet up in my space yet but I could check in on this computer before I go up there to work! I think it is a great idea. I miss you so much already and loved being able to spend time with you while you were here! Talk to you soon.

Becky

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

Hey, I have Skype as well! And a webcam! :)

I will say, however that I am a procrastinator. I am just so worn out with a toddler. Ty is so busy! And I just haven't set up my space for scrapbooking, that I hate to drag it all out on the kitchen table, then put it all back. Seems so overwhelming at this point! And I used to be so good....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home