Monday, May 19, 2008

I've Been Tagged!

Well, Spincerely tagged me a couple of days ago on her blog to fill out this little quiz. Since today seems to be a catch-up day of sorts for me it seemed like a good post idea.

1. What was I doing 10 years ago? Ten years ago I was teaching full time second grade with Kristin. Abbie was my only child and she was two. I was living on Rock Road. I enjoyed those years immensely.

2. What are five things on my to-do list today? Well, I wanted to blog (check), I had to babysit another three year old (check), took the boys to the library ( check), supposed to call my builder about the problem with the lawn (oh dog doo, forgot to do this one!), and I am working on cleaning up my scrap/guest room so that grandpa and grandma have a place to sleep! (in progress)

3. Snacks I enjoy? I'd love to say that I just adore every veggie and fruit is number one for me, but to be honest a good cookie works for me every time! I rarely indulge in them lately... so I will think of some things that lately I have been loving. Believe it or not cottage cheese and fruit is a favorite as is a yellow delicious apple.

4. Places I've Lived? Rahway, NJ; Mattawan, NJ; New Fairfield, CT; Canton, CT; Burlington, CT; Avon, CT and the latest - MI.
5. Things I would do if I were a billionaire? Oh my. Well, that is difficult to answer in full. I am sure I'd give some away. I would like to fund some important things. Support causes that are meaningful to me and that I would have liked to support more in the past. I'd take care of all my family and friends. I would drive a Mercedes and get Abbie her Coach purse. Then likely I would pull the kiddos out of school for a year to travel around. I'd home school them - and/or hire a tutor/nanny/cook to come with us on our travelling adventures. Eventually when all my fun wore thin I think I would like to open a school. That's just an off the cuff response - sorry if it seems shallow, but I am tired.

There now Miss Spincerely - done!
On to other topics - here are some layouts that I finished up over the past few weeks.
For the most part the left side of the two page layout is shown first.
So, this one is fairly recent... this year anyway. The swirls on the left and right are chipboard.

Yes, this is Max's last day of last year. First grade. One half of the layout is that, the other is from his author's tea also last year.Ah hem, well, this one is a bit old. You wouldn't believe how "almost done" this was for sooooo long. Well, now it finally is in the Halloween album where it belongs. Whew! [ps - that is Max in the Bob outfit, not Ethan - just FYI]Ah, another recent one. This was from a recent field trip of Ethan's. I think I like this layout best of the ones here this time. What's your favorite?

I hope that you all have a wonderful week!

I have to get back to cleaning out the guest room now.... [insert groan here] tootles! :)

2 Comments:

At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your layouts! Very nice:) I also love your writing style. You are just so talented!
So what happened to your lawn??? Is there a story to go with that???

 
At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoo-Hooo! The first to post, I am! Wow, I sound like Yoda... Zach's latest obsessions continues to be Star Wars. What will be next? Anyway, I think I also like the layout of Ethan the best. But they are all so very nice. Gosh, I remember 10 years ago, Ken and I were not even married yet, we were engaged, and I believe I had already earned the one of your favorite sister-n-laws title. I have to run, I am at work and am sneaking in some personal computer time AGAIN! Love your layouts! Becky

ps-don't forget to make that phone call on your to do list!:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home