Monday, June 02, 2008

The New Playscape (part 1)

Hi everyone!

Did you have a nice weekend?
I hope that you did. Our weather here was gorgeous - especially on Sunday when it was 75 with a light breeze and not a cloud in the sky. Ahhhhh... spring. I think, personally, that 75 degrees is my favorite outdoor temperature. What's yours?

Over the Memorial Day weekend when Grandpa and Grandma were here we began working on our new playscape. Jeff designed the whole thing - no kits were used at all. As a matter of fact, Cheryl and I had to tone down his original design when we saw it included a rope bridge with only a plank serving as the "bridge" part. He is a very creative daddy! So, anyway, with Grandpa's help the construction began.

So, here is our tale of day one of construction. It began, as all good projects do, with our ceremonial run to Home Depot. You should have seen my van!!! Once the men were back from their favorite haunt Max and Ethan joined them to help. They were out helping all day. Also we even had some neighborhood children hauling 2x4s. Nice huh?!Now, if you are wondering where the females of the family are... we took Grandma shopping for clothes for Abbie. Now, if you've ever been in Hollister you will know what I mean when I say that it was an "experience" [and then some!] for Grandma! The three of us had a lot of fun and got some good deals too. So, when we got home from our excursion this is what we saw.

Now I included this picture too so that you can see how the tree is incorporated within the play structure. The planks for the second story work around that tree. Thus we have a "tree house" and playscape all in one. In my next post I will show you how far they got in day two. Suffice it to say that while it is not yet done the kids are able to play on it a lot. I'll get that post going tomorrow or Wednesday hopefully.

I still am working on teacher gifts. Why I feel compelled to make things I do not know? Who else is with me on that crazy notion? I KNOW (whether she signs on to admit it or not) that Kristin at least is. I now have myself down to just making something for Ethan's therapist because I love her dearly and she did a LOT for Ethan. Everyone else is getting homemade cards, but no clipboards for me this year. Maybe next year I'll be more inspired??? [wish i wasn't feeling guilty about it though...]

The only other thing new for me, other then the typical last week of school craziness, is that {oh surprise surprise} once again I have some strange sickness [or maybe injury?] that is causing me to feel like hell. I have a doctors appointment in an hour or so, perhaps I'll be lucky and it will be easy to figure out. Rarely am I that lucky {being the reigning queen of strange illnesses} but there's always a first time!

Well, hoping to hear from some of you that haven't commented in awhile - I miss you! I do read every comment even if I am sometimes long in responding. The interactive part of the blog is a huge part of the fun. Okay, off to see the doc. Wish me luck!

4 Comments:

At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck at your doctor's appointment! I hope you don't have anything strange and bizzare, or anything at all for that matter. Maybe it is just the barometric pressure or something?
Can't wait to see the rest of the playscape! It is funny how your husband has a playscape building nest instinct! Well, Agent #3 is home already so I better run (Agents 1 and 2 got off the bus bickering so they were both immediately sent to their rooms)! I just wrote about what Agent J and I did this weekend on my blog if you have a chance please visit!

 
At 1:12 AM, Blogger Aunt Barb said...

Hi Jen!

Sorry but I have no idea what tags are for. My excuse - I'm old.
So how are you??!! Well now, I hope!You and your mom/my sister do get extremely weird illnesses.

Although, I got a weird one myself a couple months ago! I was afraid it was The Plague since I live in New Mexico and mice moved in with our guinea pigs and rabbit this winter. I fed and watered the mice, too, figuring they might be related to Minnie & Mickey's, maybe their great- grandkids.

But I think I really had strep throat. The doc could not be sure since I self-medicated with antibiotics I had on hand.

Anyway, thanks for your blogging! It did my heart good to see pictures of you all and your new home. I need to log into my new term at my online college right now, but will check back and send some photos of Steph and her puppy.

I miss you all! Lots of love, Aunt Barb

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

Hey, Jenny. I purposely am responding in order to your blogs and not reading ahead. This way I can me honest in my responses!

So, the play area looks like it's going to be fun. So, when is Jeff coming to SE Missouri to build one for Ty??? He'd love a play area. He loves to swing and slide.

I just joined a mommy and me playgroup Monday nights. It's for mommies with 2, 3, & 4 year olds. It's to help socialize them and give us mommies some new friends. Just a girl here in NM organizing things...and I'm glad she did. She actually kind of reminds me of you. She's a 4th grade teacher...and a favorite one at that. Very chipper and outgoing.

Well, I've got 2 more posts to read....

 
At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So where is Part 2? I check check check everyday! Are we going to all have to drive to MI to see the finished play yard??? I bet we could all save some gas if you would post the pictures here:) hehehehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home