Sunday, August 03, 2008

Layouts

Here are some layouts I got done on the weekend with Heather.
This first one is for the first page of our 2008 album. Kind of the album opener.
I don't do dedication pages although I hear they are all the rage. Do you?
I was pretty proud of this since doing one page layouts is a real challenge for me. We had a couple of new babies last year... and a couple more are on the way!
I have TWO sisters in law who are expecting!!!
Wonder if I'll get nieces or nephews - maybe one of each.

Here is the album opener for 2007.
Now, you will note the similar layout to the first one about meeting Parker. I have decided that if I like a layout (and I do love this one) then I am going to use it at least twice. Now in this case the layouts wont be near eachother since one is in 07 and one is in 08. This is a layout that only happened in July - of THIS year! Do you believe it, a current layout!!!
Oh, on this page i still have to journal in the white circle. I'm going to ask the kids their favorite parts and put it there. Also it should be noted that many of these pictures (the good ones) were taken by Kristin. Need to credit the photographer ya' know.
The best thing about all these layouts??? For the most part they were all using things already in my stash. I think I had to buy some cardstock for one of them - otherwise they were all made from parts already purchased. I love it when that happens! The other great thing about these layouts are they are all inspired from layouts in Scrapbooks Etc. May issue. I loved that issue and turned down many pages. I'm happy when I "scraplift" ideas (even if I then make it my own and "tweak it") because then I feel the magazine is earning it's subscription price! Silly I know, but fun.

That's it for me at the moment. I'm excruciatingly tired (and dramatic as always) with a sore knee requiring another dose of ibuprofin and something in my eye that has been there for hours and is making me NUTS. (thank you for listening to the above whine... we now return to our regurlarly scheduled program)

I am DEFINITELY in for Monday scrappin. Additionally I should be able to start at a more normal time - as soon as the kiddos are mostly in bed.
Who's with me this week?

Have a fantastic week everyone!

1 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You have been scrappin' away! Love the Science Center layout, since they were mostly my pics can I mostly "scraplift" it?!

I won't be scrapbooking tonight unfortunately. I have dinner plans with a friend and between the two husband schedules, we couldn't avoid Monday Night Scrapapalooza! This is my second night out all summer (thanks for that first one a MONTH ago Jen)!

I hope you have fun tonight!

Kristin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home