Monday, September 04, 2006

WARNING - Vacation Jinx Lives Here


Hello there everyone. Yes, I have returned and you don't need to dig up I84 looking for my corpse. Lucky thing.

So, how was the lovely vacation you may wonder??? Hmmm... all I can say is that if any of you plan on vacationing I recommend you take the following advise:

1. Do not notify me of your plans.
2. Do not invite me on your vacation.
3. Hope like heck you are not in the same state as I am.
4. Do not even watch the weather channel whilst in my presence.

What? Do you all think I am exaggerating???

Well, check out the pics from vacation one here.

Then you may go and look at the pests that plagued our second trip here and the weather here.

And finally, to round out our vacation wackiness, we had Ernesto along with us for this last trip. Yep, quite windy.

So all in all it was strange. We were still lucky to be with friends and family (very patient friends and family... have you seen little boys who are trapped inside for days??? can get tricky) and had lovely vacations. Aside from the weather. But still, just in case, I would avoid booking any trips with me in the near future!

(Oh yes, and the pics are not from my most recent adventures - I unfortunately am without a digital camera at this time. So when my pictures come back I will get them, and a layout or two, up here. But I thought the pictures would illustrate the point anyway!)

14 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Blogger Spincerely said...

The photos do a great job of representing your vacationing mojo. I do have to add that being at home on those 2 raining days was not a heck of a lot of fun either so maybe we all had a little bit of your vacation curse. But tomorrow is school! *does a little dance*

 
At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Point taken. I got out my 2007 calendar and made a notation on each month, "no scheduled vacations with the Stull family". Phew, I think we will be safe...this year.

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Kim said...

You're telling me this, NOW?!?! This information that I shouldn't go on any trips with you is really rather late in coming, wouldn't ya say? Arrgh! It's a good thing I'm setting up my train to come home Monday, I have a feeling we'll need the extra time.

As it turned out we had a bit of fun with Ernesto ourselves this weekend. Give me a little while and tune in to my blog for the details. I'm going to go get on that right now, but I'm glad you got home safe and sound.

 
At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Floods, excessive heat, insect swarms, high winds . . . . . Sound like the first signs of the apocolypse not a vacation.
;-)

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Spincerely said...

Wow! I like Clippy!!! So freaking perfect for you!! (freaking in a good sense) That is my kind of pet!!! Sissors never poop or anything! For any one reading this who has no clue what I'm talking about, scroll down to the bottom of Jenny's page and look at her new pet, Clippy, and if he seems hungry, click on more to feed him!!

 
At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok. Ok. Gotta put my .02$ in..You need to go tropical. St Lucia, St Croix, Bimini (been there- have connections-anytime you want to go, let me know- FREE room and board,drinks, Hemmingway, etc. but I digress!) Everytime you go away this happens and I SAY its the kids, ditch the darlings! No not to go scrapbooking, but to really go on vacation- howbout girlfriends only- Austrailia (sp?), or how about Figi?

P.S. do ya have the backache from the back to school dance???!!

 
At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kimmy,

I said the exact same thing to her today! Vacation, tropical, no kids, no husbands, just girlfriends!

Let's start packing!

(only problem - I don't know what the heck a Bimini is????)

 
At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you asked! Bimini is in the Bahamas- 50 mi from Miami. My Dad has a house there. Ernest Hemmingway wrote Islands in the Stream there. Beautiful ininhabited place. Snorkel, swim. Party at nice. CROPSALOT ARE YOU INTERESTED???????

If not there, anywhere tropical!!!

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Spincerely said...

Kimmy, I think Crops a lot has left the building!

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Spincerely, I think your right. This is very unlike her to be this long without posting. I wonder if we should start checking along the Interstates after all.

 
At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kimmy - I think you are onto something - but I don't think the interstates would be the right places to check. The places I'm thinking of have to do with running and balls. We should check around the woods of those types of areas. Very dangerous games that girl is playing!

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Now now now! I guess I best hurry up and get a new entry or two or I will have Spincerely and Kimmy searching for my remains amongst the soccer fields of America.

And, since you two are intent on vacationing I am expecting some REALLY good gifts with tickets enclosed any day now!!!!!

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Kim said...

I know the whole name thing is confusing, but it was me, not Kimmy, who wanted to search the interstates. And for the record, I will be doing a vacation with you soon, and looking forward to it

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Ah Kim I see you are correct about the Kim/Kimmy thing... why don't you change your name to Campin mom, or Jersey, or She Who Still Loves the Fonz, or something like that? That would aid in the comment commentary. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home