Sunday, January 06, 2008

OOPS! Forgot this...

Hi again!
Wow! Blogging twice in one night when it is waaaay past when I am usually up. Might be a new record for me.

Anyway - when I was talking about scrapbooking in the post below this one I forgot to mention the other scrapbook like thing that has been on my mind all day.

I am a follower of Ali Edward's blog. She is a published scrapbooker with a column in the magazine I get. On her blog she challenges readers to come up with one word to sum up
your goals for the new year. The direction you want your life to be taking. Here is how she describes it:

"Can you identify a single word that sums up what you want for yourself in 2008?
It can be something tangible or intangible. It could be a thought or a feeling or an emotion. It can be singular or plural. The key is to find something that has personal meaning for you. This is not your mother's word or your spouse's word or your child's word - this is YOUR word.

One little word can have big meaning in your life if you allow yourself to be open to the possibilities. And here's one thing that is totally interesting: sometimes a word will pop into your brain and it will not make any sense to you right now. Give it some time. Let it percolate a bit. I have often found that our hearts speak to us in very unique ways. Maybe this is a word you need to hear but just aren't ready for it yet. Again, be open to the possibilities."

Here is the word she picked for this year and her reasoning:

"For me, in 2008, I am looking forward to getting to the heart of the matter - whatever that is. Clearing away excesses. Focusing on the most important things and not worrying about the rest. Taking a deep breath and beginning one foot in front of the other.
My word for 2008: vitality.
Vitality is the state of being strong and active; energy. Physically. Mentally. Spiritually. Creatively.
Here's to moving forward. To fullness of life. To you and yours."


You can read more about the concept of one little word right here and here you can see what others picked and if you read the comments their reasoning as well.

So, what would your word be?
I am really leaning towards one thing - but want to keep in under wraps for the moment until I am sure it's what I want to pick.
The hard thing for me is that I tend to want to have two or three words. I am sure that is fine too, but this year I just want one. I forget what I picked last year - though I know I did choose one. This year I am going to bore you with it - as well as why I picked it - so I can look back and remember.

What would your word be?

1 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

My word. Hmmm. I could joke and say "divorced." But that is going to happen. I also will say "happy" and "independent." Perhaps "free" or "rejuvinated." I may have to give it some thought.

I don't have any resolutions. Perhaps to pull out the scrapbooking. I haven't done it in so long, I don't know where to start. I have piles and piles of pictures. So much to do....

Great to see you back on the blogging. Thanks for all your comments. I've missed hearing from you!!

K

 

Post a Comment

<< Home