Monday, January 07, 2008

Un-decorating

Well, I have undecorated.
Can't say as I was looking forward to it.

I am definitely a decoration person. Must reflect back on my teaching days with bulletin boards and the like. I really miss that stuff. Even as a preteen I had this big bulletin board in my room that I would seasonally decorate. So it's a genetic component of me I guess.

So when the decorations are gone - it just makes the house seem so... plain.
What doesn't help this year is that the house has a looooong way to go to be "decorated" in it's plain state. We're working on it, but of course these things take time.

Since I didn't get any tree shots in here last month this is how I'm sneaking it in. Here is the "before" picture of our tree and stockings hung by the chimney with care. Taken while waiting for Santa on Christmas Eve.
Here is the shot of the undecorated same space. Yuck. Well, a sense of accomplishment because of everything put away.... but so bland. Also the fact that when you look out the window all you see is fog and gloom does not help the situation. Can you believe the fog out there?!
Have you all undecorated?
Do you have a traditional time to take down the tree?

Oh, and how much Valentine decorating do you think I can do???
You'll have to tune in to see.
(oh, and next to my white board my DH is getting me a bulletin board... that should help!) ;)

Happy Monday!

3 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what seriously high ceiling you have my dear! I don't think I realized that you had all that "open to above" space. Do you like it? What I find to be interesting is that it appears that the windows are spaced such that you wouldn't know from the outside that there weren't 2 separate stories. But I digress from the point of your post so I will try to get back on track... My favorite season to decorate is fall so I guess I had the same sort of thing you just had now when I had to take down my fall stuff to put up my Christmas stuff. I also like to decorate for spring with bright cheerful colors. I'm not really a holiday decorator as much as a seasonal decorator. I bet you can probably decorate a lot for valentine's day. If you do any crafts with the kids to help with that, I'd love to see as maybe what my "3 to 6" needs is some crafty kid fun...

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

I undecorated when I returned from seeing my sister in KC. The tree needles were all over. Had to get the tree out of the house. I still have a wreath over my couch since I love it so much. And hate to pull out a boring picture to go back up. I love the Christmas decorations too, since it just seems to fill the space with warmth.

I just bought the cutest door mat at Target for Valentine's Day. It has colorful hearts all over it. You should check out Target. They have so many cute Valentine's things...so you can just trade the Christmas for Valentine's! Not as much as Christmas, but still fun and cute!

Talk with you later!!

 
At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We undecorated this past weekend too. It is our traditional time. We celebrate "Little Christmas", the feast of the Epiphany in the church, and then take down the Christmas decorations.
Valentine's Day is a fun one to decorate for, especially for those of us who love red! My most difficult decorating holiday is Easter. I love the stuff, but it's all pastel ans doesn't match anything in my house.
So are you and I the only brave ones up for the 31 day challenge?? Come on you guys, we can all do this. Sue,Becky...anyone...

I'm with ya Jen. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home