Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Mean Rotten Killer of Summer Fun

Hey there - like my catchy title?
That is my new name... heck with Mommy - call me the MRK of Summer Fun!
Well, in the interest of keeping my children's misadventures somewhat private for them let me just say that - indeed - summer fun for the day has been called off. There will be no fun today. Fun free. Nope- nada - squat on the fun front. Just too much bickering, complaining and unfun behaving going on. Enough said on that topic.

So, last night after staying up WAAAAY too late I finished three more two page layouts. These are not them - but are some I just completed this week too. As always journaling seems to hold me up. I like to tell the story, usually. On this first layout there wasn't too much to tell. It goes in Max's school book and shows his Halloween and Christmas parties here at school. Do you know around here they can still "do" Christmas in the schools?! It's pretty fun! Also we had a real Halloween parade and even the teachers dressed up. A definite benefit of an early elementary (ie:primary) school I think.
Oh, this is one of the layouts i finished last night. I wrote journaling in the white blank spaces. This is what we did while in the hotel the day of our move. We were SO tired, but Jeff managed to pull out a bit of remaining energy and have fun with the kids. I managed to pull out some extra energy and take pics.
Ethan's school book is almost caught up.
Also I have some other exciting news coming soon (NO BECKY I AM NOT WITH CHILD!) [lol!].
IF i can manage to stay up tonight I hope to do a bloggy upgrade.
How's your Wednesday going?
Hope it's a great one!

3 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, what makes you think I would just assume you are with child???? Just because every time you say you have something to tell, that is ALWAYS my guess???? LOL! I really like your layouts as they seem so simple and so nicely done. I think that I need to start thnking that way. I tend to think I have to make things fancy all the time and it is really about the photos and not the pretty embellishments! I waste too much time over thinking my layouts and if I would just get them down and add a few stamps, decorative touches, etc I would be more productive. That's it. I am going to scraplift yet more ideas from you. See you are inspiring me! And pooey to you that you are not with child. Misery loves company you know! And I only mean that with how I have had every last inkling of energy and brain cell sucked out of me lately. I know the end result will be amazing. Talk to you soon.

Becky

 
At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That first layout (Party time) looks very familiar. I wonder where I have seen it???? I'm glad you got it finished.

I am loving your new beachy avatar. She looks lovely darling! Reminds me of my perfect day at the beach on Tuesday. I SOOoo... need to live at the ocean. I have started looking at houses in Florida. I can dream right???

SBD

 
At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are a fine MRK! I now have the word murk going through my head though. Murk, murk, murkedy murk. It is kind of fun to say! Wow, exciting news? I can't wait! Oh, on the baby thing, this is a kind of funny story that mothers and teacher can appreciate. B and I met her teacher-to-be today and she is getting married next week. Just as a background blurb, B has already had 2 teachers leave her for maternity leave in her short career as a student so on the way home, B asks (very concerned) how long it takes to make a baby. It is true though, Becky, that misery loves company so I'm sure that someday, Jenny will be cheering you on to the magical number of children which is oh-so-joyful, which, you guessed it, is 3.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home