Friday, August 08, 2008

You LOSER!

So, on to my exciting news...

I got an interview for the "Biggest Loser" (not affiliated with the TV one) contest happening at a local gym around here! I am STOKED. I have never wanted to be a "loser" so bad in my LIFE. Ironically I need to be careful not to lose too much more weight right now because I am close to being at the cut off point of not high enough BMI. Wow! That's a shocker!!! I'm almost too thin for it! Hah! Not too often I hear those words uttered when referring to me I tell ya.

So, not sure if I'll make it into the contest or not - but I am sure as he** going to make my 40th year my most healthy one ever. I've got little Kim bugging the beejeepers out of me to do a triathalon with her (due to my expressing an interest... she is helping me and I her - we're good push each other alongers) and by gum I'd sure like to do it! At the very LEAST I plan on this being the year of the 5K.

So, please cross your fingers for me that I can participate - I have a feeling it would change my life, forever.

Here are some before pictures of me... for those of you who can't remember me without my bodysuit of current (but soon to be leaving!) blubber.

First here is me and my little sis at her graduation. I must say we both look pretty darn good there (and pretty darn alike may I add). I am very proud of Laura and her hubby too because together they have lost well OVER 100 pounds and they look MAHVELOUS! Here is me teaching aerobics in college (didya know I did that?). In this picture it is at an all day aerobics demo with all the teachers taking turns up on a big stage in front. We were miked and everything. It was so FUN. Here I'm taking the class. In case you can't tell I am the closest one in the picture. What? Where's my jiggly bootie? Where are my arm flaps??? Hmmm... I guess once upon a time I looked pretty okay. Oh, and can you see how long my hair is? Impressive.
So, that's it in a nutshell. I am kinda nervous putting this out there in cyberspace (hard to refer to yourself as a chubba bubba with everyone reading you know...) but I think it will help me to DO IT, to MOVE (remember how I chose that word???), and hopefully will inspire me in my quest to once again visit the skinny clothes in my closet. (really and egad! do all of you have sizes that could stock a store or is it just me???)

Here's hoping I turn into a really big (SMALL!) LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my, if Abbie got an 80's "do" she would look just like you!

 
At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - that is great! I'm not sure what in entails, but I'm sure it will include a lot of moving! I am going to have find a way to get myself moving and more than just pushing the lawn mower!

 
At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go girl!!! Isn't it fun to look back at pictures of ourselves? Whe I was younger I always thought I was heavy, but now I look back...and I would love to look that way again.

Maybe we should combine Scrapapalooza Monday with a fitness goal. We're trying to get better here too, but I think you are farther ahead.

Keep up the good work. You can do it!!

SBD

 
At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRL!!! I am routing for you. YOu will have to keep us updated. I know how it feels to want this so badly... Of course I lose over 40 pounds and then become pregnant... So while you are eating carrot sticks and becoming skinny, think of me putting my hard lost weight back on... I had an appointment last week and my total weight gain so far is 6 pounds... yikes. I guess not too bad for being 19 weeks. Oh well... and to reply to a comment in your last post... FUNNY but we are stopping at 2 kids. I am sure 3 is the magic number but I think 2 will suit us just fine! I think having kids 8 years apart will be a challenge in its own! Thanks for the chuckle though! Talk to everyone soon. Keep moving Jenny!

Becky

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Kim said...

I'm rooting for you too, honey! I've got some changes going here myself. I think I'm going to give the Wii Fit a shot.

Good luck.

Kim

 
At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, here is the triathalon NAZI weighing(no pun intended!) in..I did my first triathalon on 6/20/08..it was sooo much fun! ( Swim 1/2 Mile, Bike 11.6 miles, and run 3.1 miles) My whole point was, that if I can do it, anyone can..My body is not athlete-perfect, no, I am not a size 2. However, I can move this big body of mine.

I applaud Jen for taking such a huge step. I think that she is very brave for putting this in cyberspace... What a great role model for her children! And yes, I have been a little pushy about doing one together...I challenge each of you to think about one next year( If you give yourself a year, you have plenty of time to train)

"The Miracle isnt that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start"
John (The Penquin) Bingham
From Runners World Magazine

Kimmy

PS. Women over 40 are signing up in record numbers to do these things!!!

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

Hey, Jenny. Good for you. And I do remember way back when. We were roomies for a semester, remember?? How fun was that??!!

Anyway, the reason for blogging mid-day is that my co-worker just went to the library to pick up THE BOOK. I am so excited. Although, I have Ty this weekend...so I can only read during naps. But you know it's a quick read. I am very excited about Stephanie Meyer's new book "Breaking Dawn." Over 700 pages of Bella and Edward...

So, now you know what I'm looking foward to. I don't know if I dare to start it tonight. I don't want to stay up too late. And it's a tough one to put down.

Finally, with the big 4-0 looming ahead (great adjective, huh?), do you have any big plans? My little sis (who just turned 37 yesterday) wanted to know if I wanted to go anywhere for my birthday. I said Tuscany. Well, she didn't say it had to be close. She then said "some place a little closer..." We can all dream, can't we? I've wanted to go there ever since I saw "Under the Tuscan Sun." Have you seen it? Fabulous movie! Plus, what woman doesn't like Diane Lane??

So, let me know what you are planning. Maybe I can come up for the big day...or if you are going to Chicago or something. I do need to get out of town. Even for a weekend. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home