Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Your Opinion Humbly Requested

Hi All,

First of all... how did I forget Scrapapalooza Monday?
Good grief!
I mean, it wasn't even on my radar - and I had a challenge this week and everything.
Oh well, next week will be a goodie.

So, on to another topic.
I need some advice.
For my interview (loser one) what do I wear???
I had an idea to wear a black skort and shirt that makes me look pretty decent. BUT i am slightly afraid to look to... well not chubby. You see, as I mentioned I am teetering very near the cutoff for BMI in order to participate.

I know from looking at last years "before" pictures that the majority (although not all) of the people chosen were VERY overweight. That way the club's numbers look good when they advertise what the group lost. For example, last years biggest loser lost 87 lbs in 16 weeks. I can tell you right now that number would be both impossible for me and too much for me to lose now that I've already got this started (-27lbs and counting...).

So, back to my original question. Do I dress to impress? Do I dress to look chubbier? Maybe I just go with the frumpish look? Oy, I am making myself very nervous about that issue. Thing is, they will pick me or they won't - either way I am taking the weight off for good. If I don't get "picked" then I'll just go back to what I was doing and up the exercise on my own.

Now - if your instinct is just to tell me to not worry and to be myself... thank you. I do know that. I will be myself and I will try not to worry. That said, I'd REALLY appreciate your opinion on the what to wear issue. Dress to look my best or dress to look my chubbiest. That's my dilemma.

thoughts?

After this entry I will resume my normal blogging type stuff and won't harp on the contest, at least until I find out one way or another (which won't be until after labor day). You may not hear from me for a bit over the next week because on Friday Spincerely and her family arrive for the week. I am very excited to see them. I am hoping that maybe with Spinny's help I can do the blog upgrade I've been looking to do. She's my "in house" techie for all things blog related. We have plans to go on dune rides, see Lake Michigan, hit the $1 movies, go to the Nature Center and even get big group pedicures (her three daughters plus abbie plus she and I... the pedicure place won't know what hit em!). So, I'm sure I'll have some great photos soon (even though my camera is broken and I have to take photos by pushing a paperclip into the button area... i think a new camera is in our future soon.........)

Have a great week! :)

4 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Frist of all, let me say that 87 pounds in 16 weeks is not only very unhealthy, but also very unrealistic. The slower you lose the weight, the longer and easier it is to keep it off. But you already know that! I would just wear what you are comfortable in and not what you want others to portray you as. If they are going to pick or not pick you, it will not be because of a sexy black mini skirt or an oversized frumpy house coat! That will just get you on "What Not To Wear"! Which by the way, I would certainly not mind being on.... 5,000 bucks for a new wardrobe, bring it on! Sorry, how easily I get sidetracked these days... Anyway, just make sure Sven or Juan is on the committe, blow some smooches, and you are in baby! Just promise me you will not lose it too fast. I will worry about you.

I did scarp the other night and managed to get three 2-page layouts done in my Disney album. My mother joined me (I dragged everything down to the dining room) and she is officially addicted to making cards with stamps and is slowly discovering my embellishments. Hhhhmmmnnn.. this may be a problem, as my stash is being raided. LOL. I am happy she is enjoying it. Well, good luck with your new endeaver and I can't wait until after labor day to hear!

Becky

 
At 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Becky, wear something comfortable and be your fun self! That said, I might lean towards comfortable and not too thin looking. You'll Wow them no matter what.

I really do think you should start some type of weight loss, or fitness challenge on the blog. I'd be in for sure.

Have a great time with the Connecticut crew. Sounds like a fun week you have planned.

Miss you,
SBD

 
At 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to wear something that you are comfortable in. I know that I have shirts that I feel more confident than others- people have commented that I look good in, etc... Do you have a shirt that has one of the words that you sometimes use, kinda like "move'", or "future triathlete". I know that on the TV show Biggest Loser, they had at some point each contestant wear a shirt stating what they want to become or whatever...just a thought...Just dont wear a string bikini- ok??? HA HA...
Thinking of you. Missing you!
Kimmy

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

Ok, my opinion. I agree on the comfort thing. And also think that you need to wear something you feel confident in. If you dress frumpy, I don't think you will act as confident as we all know you are. Perhaps not all black...(very thinning, which you don't want to appear in this instance), but something that says "I'm going to win!"

You are focused on losing. I need to get in on this. I think I've begun stress eating and stress fat retaining! Yup. Since the big "D" - not been doing so well. (Having to take C back to court. Oh, yea! More court costs to make him do just what he's supposed to already have done 2 months ago! Goody!)

So, I need to find someone to help me move my treadmill so I can get back on it. I am doing a lot of non-mobility these days...except for racing after Ty, and that's not burning enough calories!

I wish you luck. Oh, and have you picked up Breaking Dawn yet??? Oh, it's good. But you know that already, huh? I'm about 1/2 thru!

Have fun with the visitors! Wish I had some vacation time coming up. I do need to get away. Truthfully, I really need a long weekend on a deserted beach with a frosty drink in my hand.

Love ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home