Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Got Snow?

How's the weather where you are?
Here we have had lots of snow. I mentioned in an earlier post that we had two snow days last week. That is really rare for this part of Michigan - I really think that we had only one all last winter. You see, it snows sooooo often here. Lake effect snow. There have been flakes flying here all week so far - but they don't accumulate to too much. Last week's big storm brought accumulation though!

Here is Frosty, created by Ethan and Jeff. I took this back view out my front door. Attempting to show you the proximity to the front door and the tilt of the snowman. While I do not think it was on purpose this evil snow dude (as I call him to myself, don't let Ethan hear that though!) has startled the bejeepers out of me more times then I care to recount here. Like SCREAM scared - and I have so few bejeepers left that I really need to conserve what I have! When it is dark outside and he sort of catches the corner of your eye it looks like there is a big guy out there on the porch. Lovely huh.That said evil snow dude garners a lot of bus stop attention and is often admired. He looks like a sentry at our front door doesn't he. I included barefoot (!) Ethan in the pic to give you an idea of scale and again proximity to the front door.
He is a happy friendly snowman and I should consider him watching over us all. Still, late at night, alone in the house with just the kids and me...... yep - there go my bejeepers all over again!
edited to add: after some reflection when done with this post I decided to come clean on the following addition to the story... last night, home alone with kiddies, late, can't sleep (you get the picture), go downstairs - around midnight - to get a drink......... I glanced to my right looking to see if the front door was locked (habit) and darn it if the Evil Snowman from Hell didn't get me AGAIN. I nearly started crying and grabbed my frying pan (it was handy on the dish drainer) and went out there barefoot and swinging that pan. Lordy if a neighbor saw me the authorities would have been called. Here's the irony - I did VERY little damage to the darn thing!!! It's been a bit warm and then cold and the ESm from H is like coated with ice. I am sure I could have destroyed it given time and a better weapon - but I really didn't want Ethan upset about it. So he remains to stalk me another day............ (send the men in white coats people, I think I need a vacation)

3 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Anonymous I'll Take Care of You said...

That is just TOO funny! That would be a great America's Funniest Home Video!!!
I'm rounding up the Men in the White Coats right now and sending them on over!!!! They will help you. I promise. Just do what they say and no one will get hurt.

 
At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Mattk said...

At night...when you are sleeping...the snowman comes to life and searches for unlocked windows or a door he can jimmy with his talon like, icicle fingers. Fangs of coal protrude from his gaping maw as he sneers and licks his chapped lips, drooling over the thought of his favorite meal: Suburbanites...
Just then...a light snaps on inside the house he is casing. He sprints on his bulbous legs and leaps upon the flower pot...affixing what is known in the Evil Snowman Industry as a "Shit Eating Grin" back onto his face, he re-assumes his squat position. Chomping glumly on his corncob pipe.
Out of the corner of his eye he sees a young mother within the house get quite a start from his mere presence.... He chuckles inside... "if she only knew..."
Sooner or later...he will get in. He's out there now. A frozen image of patience. Watching. Waiting.
Sooner or later...

Happy Holidays! :D

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Did you just call me a "young mother" in that story? This is why I love you Matt!!! (LOVE your story, greatly descriptive!!!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home