Monday, June 15, 2009

Blast From the Past!!

Facebook.
Yep. I resisted it.
Not really sure why, mostly having to do with time or lack thereof I guess.
But now I LOVE it! It is so fun finding and catching up with people!!! So, recently I found Mario on there. Remember this Mar? We met in college and through the years have met up from time to time. This was a college wide (I think it went beyond just our dorm) Halloween party.Then... who should appear on my little blog but ERIC! Hi Eric!!! Of course I remember you! I didn't need all those clues either. Had it after the first name!!!! I hope you have been well, your facebook picture shows a lovely family! Can you guess what movie came out that year?Since we were doing the Halloween in college theme, and since after all it is my blog, here I am at that same college function. What lovely dorms huh? That was a fun Halloween. I still had that costume for so long that Abbie used to wear it for dress up and the Max played with the cape (it had superhero powers for awhile) until it disintigrated.
Now Eric also referenced high school so I dug up this old pic. Sorry for the grainy nature of it all. Here is me with my two favorite Erics (although the other one spelled his name differently). I remember when we took this picture! That is weird for me since memory is not my strong suit these days. Pregnancy kills brain cells - I'm convinced of it! (and NO (becky!) I am not pregnant now, I meant in the PAST (becky!)). So, lest you wonder just what type of funky high school we all attended, we were in a play together. If I remember correctly Eric (the one on the right) and I were in the show and Erik (left) was either in the band or on the crew??? Eric maybe you remember? Or maybe Kris will pop on and remind us.
Since Eric found me via Mario (I think???) I figured I'd share this one too. Here is Kristy, Mario and I (if you don't know which one is me... I think I'll claim to be the blonde...). I am still in touch with Kristy and expect she remembers this apartment of hers. For one semester I didn't live with Gina Wina and stayed with Kristy in her place. This pic was taken after our Christmas party if I remember correctly (remember afformentioned poor memory skills...).
Sorry for the grainy nature of the photos, they're old!
Hope that all of you are enjoying your summers - write in and if you're on facebook too give me a shout out there as well!!
edited to add: Hi! Kris reminded me the title of the play we were in. It was called, "Once Upon A Mattress." Of all the plays I was in that was one of my favorites (perhaps because I was a kitchen wench???) and I can't believe I forgot its' title! I was correct that Erik was in the crew, the other Eric, Kris and I were all in the cast (Kris was, as always, one of the leads of course!). Happy Friday!

4 Comments:

At 2:20 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

Hey, Jenny. I love looking at old pictures. Such a simplier time, huh? And it was fun living with you for that semester. Probably the best roomie I ever had...!!!

 
At 11:46 PM, Anonymous Mario said...

Hi Jen (& Kristy),

These pictures are great! I'm doing my best to not feel old while looking at them. :o)
Thanks for posting these.
Actually, feel free to post more pictures on Facebook too.

 
At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!!! neat pics you bring me right back..Post more on FB!!
Kimmy

 
At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Spincerely said...

Wow, you have a bunch of posts here that I've never seen! Old photos are so cool! I was just sorting through things in the basement this weekend - trying (and most failing) to throw things away.
BTW, that could be Abbie in those pics instead of you! Give her 80's hair and she IS you!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home