Saturday, September 09, 2006

Should Grouchy People Blog??

Well, I will give it a try and see how it goes. I think my grouch factor (did you know I have a grouch factor? Well I do!) is at defcon 4 right now.

So to cheer myself up I decided to watch this

Okay, that WAS pretty funny.

Anyway, once I was done reminding myself not to take myself so seriously I decided to post some back to school pictures.

Here's the Princess:



















And Prince Charming:

They both seem to be liking school and loving their teachers. That is such a great thing isn't it?

Now after posting my school pictures, and since this is a scrapbook type blog and all you may expect me to have something to say on one of those topics. Nope.

Since I am grouchy I am leaving the subjects completely to let all of cyberspace know that I cannot find a freaking new handbag/purse/luggage/diaper bag to suit me. I have looked in many stores too.

So I was perusing a blog I like and saw mention of "handbag personalities". I looked up the article she mentioned and loved it. So I am sharing. It seems people's choice in handbags says something about them. Here's what was said:

Styles:Under-the Shoulder – handbags which are smaller and fit tightly underneath the shoulder indicate class and sophistication. A women working in an upscale office or someone of high stature would choose this form of handbag.

Big and Bulky – Big, bulky and oversized bags are casual and are often associated with younger individuals. These are used for individuals who carry a number of things (binders, books etc) and require a lot of space. Down-to-earth, lower-maintenance women would carry this type of handbag.

Designer – Designer handbags often cost an arm and a leg and therefore are usually associated with high-maintenance females. Females who are confident and require top of the line accessories will settle for nothing less than a name-brand designer purse. Guys – watch out for these girls, they tend to be a handful.

Cigar Box Purses – A women who carries a cigar box purse likes to be unique and stand out from the crowd. These women have minds of their own and cannot be told what to do. They are comfortable in their own skin and tend to be very independent.

Leather with Buckles and Zippers – women who choose leather purses with lots of buckles and zippers are leashing out their wild sides. These women tend to act before they think and are always ready for a good time. The extra buckles and zippers tend to signify a "bad girl" image.

Colors:Bright Colors – Bright colored handbags like pink, purple, bright blue and green indicate that the woman is fun, friendly and approachable. women who are out-going and sociable will tend to choose these colors. This is the type of woman who will strike up a conversation with a complete stranger.

Black and Brown – women who choose black or brown handbags tend to be more reserved and are often mistaken as being snobby or restricted. These types of handbags are often associated with down-to-earth women, who are shy at first, but open up after a while. They tend to exude a shy confidence, which is sometimes mistaken as someone who thinks she's better than others.

Well, the ones I have had, and am looking for all fit into the "big and bulky" type and can be brown though occasionally I like to break free and go for a bright color. Does that fit me? Does yours fit you?

Can you suggest a good place to buy a nice, brown, big and bulky purse? Please!!

7 Comments:

At 10:14 PM, Blogger Spincerely said...

If you come to Hither and Yarn we have all kinds of patterns for bags and then you can make whatever you want in whatever color you want. And we have knitting lessons too! In the meantime, I think this bag is quite lovely.

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Um, Spincerely... you're getting me for my birthday aren't you? How sweet you are! (Because i KNOW you don't expect me to run down to your store and get some yarn and MAKE something?! I need a purse this millenium. Perhaps one like a felted bag..........)

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Okay, error in sentence one, should say "you're getting me THAT for my birthday aren't you?"

Duh to me.
Duh de duh duh duhduh

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Spincerely said...

Phew, glad you clarified, for a while there I thought you were moving in with me and bringing along your vacation jinx!

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Kim said...

As far as handbag shopping goes, you can do no better than a flea market. Don't missread that, they are always new merchandise, but people wholesale them. I love wandering around flea markets in the fall. Also, you could always come down here. Part of the "charm" of living in my state is that no matter where you go, you are within a short driving distance to at least two major shopping malls. Of course that same "charm" is what makes this state so damnably overcrowded and trafficky. You have a great set up though, you left it and don't have to live here anymore, but you have your dear best friend here to come and visit anytime you want to. ;) It's a beautiful thing, i'nt it?

 
At 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Spincerely's Jenny,
It's Elizabeth's Jenny! Perhaps you'd like my favorite style of big and bulky purses. Just do a search for Johnson's Woolen Mill and check out their large, wool bags in a wide variety of colors. Bet they have brown, too, or whatever suits your fancy.

Am enjoying your blog very much!

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Why thank you Spider and welcome to the blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home