Monday, February 19, 2007

Cooties!

Well... I had hoped to write a post letting everyone know I was healthy and showing you the new colors of my bedroom and bathroom. I have a whole posting all ready to go.

Alas.

Please see prior entry labeled "vacation Jinx" that I wrote over the summer. To sum that up, I have a MAJOR vacation jinx going on and this vacation is no different!

I still am struggling with the end of this flu or whatever I got just before Valentine's day. Can't seem to keep my temp under 100 for a whole day yet. It feels like I have been in a fog - and I have felt badly because it is the kids vacation and I wanted to do something special with them. You know, vacation fun.

So.... we decide I am good enough and Abbie invited over two friends, to sleep over, go to the movies, eat dinner out, work on some dance moves. To include Max in this fun he was coming to the movies with us (we were going to see "Bridge to Terabithia"... has anyone seen it?). Then I was inviting his friend (and coincidently mine too) over for the day on Tuesday to do some overlap with the girls. So no fighting you see, all would be taken care of. Even had DH coming home on time so that we could make the movie and dinner with no problem and no toddler in tow.

To prepare for all this fun Abbie did so much work - cleaned the playroom top to bottom, vacuumed without being asked, her room is spotless, she even made "Welcome" posters for the girls and had a written agenda (!).

Can you guess the outcome based on the tone of this passage???

Yes, Abbie is now sick. I do mean SICK too. Now she is the one with the 103+ fever. She just was out with a sickness for a week less then two weeks ago!

How am I going to get the cooties out of this house?!???
I've been a lunatic with lysol, everyone washes their hands, all bathrooms are sparkling clean (thanks to DH) and we are taking that Airborne stuff (uh, which I hate by the way).

I guess it's that Old Vacation Jinx at it again.
(*groan*)

2 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my, ok I am going to do my "health dance" for you, Can you feel the ground shakin' in your corner up there??Haha

We had your vacation jinx happen 2 weekends ago. We paid lots of money to ski at Smugglers Notch, VT, or should I say hug that lovely porcelean thing all weekend. I thought of you, but I was even more peeved that this was all MY idea and I got sick too. What I want to know is when do we get out of the "bug"era, because when I was sans kids, I NEVER was this sick!!!!! Do they have to be in High School and then their immune systems are all up to speed??!!!! Hope you found some interesting movies at home to watch.
Take care, and here is my health wand waving over the Stull household.

 
At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no!!! Poor Abbie! I wonder what it is that you guys gots???? I have a feeling we may not be seeing you until we get back from California!
By the way we saw Bridge to Terabithia today and it is not what I thought it was going to be. I'm not going to leave a spoiler, so anyone who reads this and wants a heads up, please feel free to e-mail me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home