Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Motivation

Hello there!
How are your resolutions going?

I must say that mine are going pretty well. Not there yet, but it's a process. When you make changes that you expect to impact your life I guess it's okay to let them evolve over time right? We are doing great so far with no TV or plugging in (no computer, no wii) and also with healthy snacks posted on the board. There was no arguing and the children were pleased with cheese and crackers (three choices of cheese, can't go wrong!).

Yesterday I was like a whirlwind. Blogging, cleaning, laundry, cooking, making lists that would make Flylady proud of tasks in 15 minute intervals, and of course driving around (swim team) and entertaining the little TV deprived munchkins. Today... not so whirly or windy (WAIT, am I blogging about my wind or lack thereof??? geesh, the things i do...) I think because it is day bajillion (three) {and NO I do NOT know where Abbie gets her dramatic streak from!} of rain and wind and gloom and yuckiness. Today feels like a sit by the fire and read sort of day. Be cozy, sip tea. Doesn't that sound more fun then sprucing bathrooms?! It is just so DAMP. Ew.

Okay, not meaning to go into a whine about the weather - back to resolutions. So, I am glad to see that Deb is up for the 31 pages/projects challenge. Was worried that I was the only one who had those things laying around! Deb I think that projects count as pages too. Definitely. Today we should be up to 8 pages done. I am close. Pretty sure I will "catch up" to 8 by tonight. Here's what I finished.

This one is of the kiddies in '04. (TOLD you i had stuff laying around!). It was delayed because I wanted to print the poem on a transparency and couldn't find the right poem, or the transparency, or a way to adhere it. Got it all set now. :)

The story of our swingset at our old house. Just needed the journaling on the right which is about what each child likes to do best on it. I already had the journalling half done for goodness sake! Now it's ready to go in the album.
Love this one. My favorite. I couldn't decide what to write in the text box on the left side. Got it, used the same transparency as used above (thought it was frugal of me) and whala! Since it's my favorite you will see each page independently below. I started this page while on a retreat with Sue and Kim in 2006!!!
Um... remember the 06 calendar I mentioned a post or two ago. Well there are parts of it still not done! All the layouts are mostly done - but some of the writing pages are not. I saved my original calendar to fill this in with... but wish I did it when it was current. Lesson learned. I also did August but don't want to show the page because it has a lot of readable personal information on it with other people's last names etc. Just want to respect everyone's privacy. But it does count as another page finished!The close up of the layout of Ethan playing. He is such a wonderful boy. He plays by himself with such imagination and so peacefully. He can also play with adults and his siblings. Just an easy going kid. He did sooooooo great on our trip too. I must admit that preschool age is more fun for me then toddlerhood.
Although this is from when he was a toddler!
So in case you need me to count I have six done.
How are you doing Deb? You need to post totals for all of us to follow you too!
And Tamara... you mentioned you may try to follow along - any luck?
Anyone else up for the challenge???

Oh and back on the resolutions theme - I'm doing pretty good with blogging so far huh?! :)

Keep talking about your resolutions and posting them here too. I think the support and (in a way) accountability will really help us all!

Hope your day is sunny and productive! :)

5 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Impressive page count! I hope you can keep it up so I can ooh and aah over all those completed albums when I finally get there to visit! Even though you were busy yesterday I bet it was a relief to have at least some of the kids back at school so that you could work on those resolutions all day. Sorry about the rain, we have a record-breaking 60 degrees today and no coats! I am sure our "damp" is on its way.
Take care (and feel free to cross off anything on MY to do list while you are at it!).
Kristin

 
At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! I'm so glad you posted again. I was so worried that you burnt yourself out yesterday. Well Kristin already wrote about the warm and sunny CT weather so I don't have to mention that but I think we have our 3 days of gloom coming up soon.
I didn't do any scrapbooking today. I did some dyeing and updated my blog header and then did some stuff though I don't know what. Oh, I started a spread sheet for my Etsy Shop. Also it is now during 3 to 6 so I have to get moving! I think I will set up the fireplace so once I get back from Carpool I can light a fire and we can all hang out in the family room tonight.
Does your no TV thing include after 8 p.m. when there are no children up? Can you watch anything? I watched that Dance Wars last night and it looks like a nice positive entertaining show...
I love all your projects and that you are showing them all here! So exciting! Have a nice afternoon - don't let all that wind blow you awaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy...

 
At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, it is me again. I just noticed that you photographed your lovely layouts on your nice new granite countertops. We are at the very beginning stages (i.e. daydreaming) for our kitchen island renovation and I was wondering how you like them? Do you love them? Are they your most favorite countertops ever??? Do you love them so much you could just lick them? Do you wish you had always had them? Do you think other people should have them? I want to know it all!

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

Jenny, I am so impressed with your scrapbooking. I'm glad to see you doing pages from 2004. I am a big time slacker. However, in my defense, I am experiencing toddlerhood. Not easy. And I do work full time as well. (too many excuses??)

The wind and rain today was crazy. Luckily we didn't have any tornadoes here in the bootheel of Missouri, but I did worry. At least in my little rent house, I do have a basement. So, that's a good thing. I am tired of this dreary ick too. At least back east, and even in Kansas City, we had snow to go with the cold weather. Here it's just ugly.

Keep blogging! I pulled out an old album last night for my blog. 1968. Not that I remember that year...

And I don't know how you do the no TV thing. Noggin is a lifesaver for me in the morning. I don't think I'd get a shower without it!

Stay dry!

Kristy

 
At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! Here I am again! Can you believe it? I promised you I would read your blog and leave comments...is there such a thing as a blog stalker? Because now I am feeling like one. We had beautiful weather today. Warm and sunny. Our time will come. It is supposed to be cold and dreary this weekend. I love that you are commiting yourself to scrapbooking again. I really have to ponder what word I would like for the new year. I will get back to you on that one. Well, off to basketball with Zach! Talk to you soon.

Becky

 

Post a Comment

<< Home