Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Healthy Birthday!

Hi Everyone!
Welp, the big 4- 0 has hit!
To be honest, it was a pretty great day.
I am not bothered at all, and actually look forward to my 40's.

I think part of the reason is that I am healthier now then I have been in YEARS. I mean, as in almost a decade. That's pretty great. Looking better, feeling good, dropping sizes.... those are all going in the right direction. Additionally I find myself way less stressed (except being perhaps more stressed then usual about eating) in general, less tense, less grumpy or bothered by things. More patient, more calm, more energized. All those lesses and mores due to working out. I love it! I missed it! My "one word" has become my everyday - MOVE.

Sorry, getting sappy up there.

So - apart from being a little lonely (because my friends and family in CT spoil me rotten on a regular basis on my birthday and I really miss you all a lot) I had a wonderful day. My morning started with a step class at the gym, then Ethan and I got ready for preschool, then while he was in school I went to the mall to get my fingernails done. First time for me having a manicure in years and years. I also tried on clothes just for fun. And, it was fun too! Hard to walk away without buying a thing or two... but I managed. I thought I should have a souvenir of my big day, so I took the below picture at a mall kiosk. I wanted one of those with four in a row so I could make silly faces, but I couldn't find a machine that did that.The thing is earlier that same day Ethan needed pictures of everyone in his family and guess who I could barely find a picture of??? You got it. Good ole Mommy. So, once I get a camera again (hopefully soon) my goal is to get pictures with me in them too. Even if I do as Kristin usually does and have one of the children be taking it.
So... after my mall fun I picked up Ethan and we headed home and these had been delivered. Beautiful! (see I am still getting spoiled by my wonderful friends)
And I had a card in the mail from someone far away... and it was very ffffunny (she'll get that).A little later the same day I got a delivery of these - and they also came with a subscription to Health magazine! What a very healthy gift!!! Sorry by the way for the state of the bouquet. I took a picture with my cell phone when it was whole and uneaten, but couldn't get it off there. So... Jeff used his work camera for me and got these pictures (all three) but meanwhile the fruit was just so tempting...... {pineapple is my favorite}Then I went to soccer, in the rain - had to stay because of the rain.... Jeff got stuck behind an accident on the highway and so was very late - and from there my whole night got VERY crazed. I had to get my parents to take the boys (with me at the soccer fields) fly through McD with them (for them only, don't worry) and drop them at Nana's. Then rush home, change and make it to the gym by 7:30 for my 1.5 hour workout with the team and trainer. When I got home to change this was in my garage........

Pretty funny huh?!

And there was a book with it too.

So, that was my day of surprises. No cake, no fancy dinner - but two bootie killing workouts (pull ups - uh!) and lots of spoiling. I felt very healthy, not deprived at all, and loved.

Thank you to everyone. Thank you for the calls, the emails, even the happy thoughts.

I hope you have a fantastic week! :)

4 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jen
Sorry for the anonymous thing, I can never remember my log in to blogger. But wow! I scored the first comment on the birthday post. Congrats on turning forty. As you know I'll be following you soon. Sounds like you had a great day. I'm soooo proud of you Jen. Have to say your birthday was a bit tough for me to get through, but you know why. Actually, he came over to see us in the morning and brought us breakfast, so that was nice.

Anyway, call me soon. I really miss you. Love ya~ Kim

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

Happy 4-0 as well! Glad you got the card! I loved it! However am sort of dreading mine. At least it's still a few months off...

Love all the pics! Great sharing with us! I like that frog too. What is the fine print....?? Anything we should know?

You are making me feel guilty with all the work outs. Although I did mow the lawn and clean up the yard after this morning's storm. So, I am worn out. Plus the toddler and 3 additional "guests" this weekend. You'll have to check out my blog to see their adorable faces!!

 
At 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Healthy 40th Birthday!

Sounds like a great day to me :)

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Hi!!! Happy Birthday! I love your picture from the mall too! I looked at Spincerly's Blog and I love the pictures from her visit!! Evryone looked so happy, happy is good! I can't beleive how happy you are exercising, I guess the rush is for real then...please email me when you have time and again happy birthday to you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home