Saturday, September 06, 2008

OUCH!

Okay, I hurt at the moment.
Rather a lot.
Especially my knee.
That Jessica - little but mighty!
So, I've been working on my new blog.
The one to follow the contest.
Here's the link.

Try to remember it's a work in progress... and also it's a kind of emotional as well as physical journey. Oh and by all means COMMENT people!

Oh and to the commenter who noticed my ability to smile at the camera while hurling down a log flume... thank you! I am pretty skilled that way aren't I?! [lol!]

Oh and to Kimmy our trainer on staff for the Croppy blog - Kim my knee is killing me! Any ideas? It seems I finally get it better only to have it go back downhill again. Today started with my calfs being really tight and sore and then my knee had to get into the action. I'm living on a lot of motrin which I'd like to back off of.... That said - there have been a couple of times now while working out I get to that turning point of the "runners high". I then go totally mental and waaaaaaaay overdo what I should do probably. It's hard to know when to push through and when to listen to pain. Advice??? {actually anyone please feel free to weigh in on this topic, you don't have to be Kim to do so... any advice is welcome!!!}

3 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Blogger SBDeb said...

Hey, I'm double posting...once here and once on the new blog!

Yesterday was our 10-10 crop. Everyone missed you, and we were going to take pics to email you...but in the midst of "Hannah" we forgot to have Zach bring us the camera. The following SBC Friends say "Hi": Melissa, Katina,Cathy and Lucie,Kristine, Kristy and Dawn,and Sue.

We all missed you.
Check out my BL Blog entry,
SBD

 
At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your work in progress... As far as the knee.... the best advice I can give ( and I speak from authority- 2 knee surgeries!) is to RICE, rest, ice, compression, and elevation. I usually only lay on the couch at night and ice and elevate( put 2 pillows under knee. Try that!

As for anyone who wants to follow Jen, and do a Tri for the spring. Now is the time to get out and WALK!! Yes, I said walk! Try to walk a mile. Your goal is to try to walk a mile and maybe try to jog for a minute or two during that time. Oh, yes, Sister in Law can walk as well (pregnancy is a great time for walking!)

Kimmy

Oh by the way, I never smile during those log flumes- I always look terrified!

 
At 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! Sorry, I didn't post sooner - I was too busy out walking! Somehow, I felt really inspired! I went all the way to very endy end of the street and back - just under 2 miles. I didn't even see any bears or anything!

Jenny - I don't know if this will help but we just signed K up to take an ACL injury prevention class. I guess they do knee strengthening exercises - maybe your trainer knows of some?

SBD - Did you say you have a blog now too? Can you post the link???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home