Wednesday, January 09, 2008

One Little Word

Good Morning!
Not sure how it is by you but the wind ushered in a cold front here and we are back down to the 30s today. A far cry from yesterday's 60s! Now if only the sun would peek out, just a little. If it does I am taking a pic and you will get a second blog post of the day!

So - I have been reflecting on my One Little Word although really I knew what it should be pretty quickly. It just lept out at me when I read her challenge. Then I thought of some others that would also work - but I am deciding to go with the leaper outer. Did you have one that came right to your mind? If so I think you should go with it.

Anyway - my word of 2008 is:
*MOVE*
I picked this for a variety of reasons - but not the one that may have lept to your mind first. MOVE just signifies what I want to do this year. There are so many definitions of the word that describe what I mean. Here are some:

To exhibit great activity or energy.
To initiate an action; act.
To be active in a particular environment: moves in diplomatic circles.
To stir the emotions: words that have the power to move.

To progress in sequence; go forward
To follow a specified course: Earth moves around the sun.
To progress toward a particular state or condition: moved into the lead.


idioms:
"get a move on"

To get started; get going.move in on
"on the move"
Busily moving about; active
Making progress; advancing


You see I want to MOVE toward my goals. I want to MOVE everyday - a lot (exercise type stuff). I need to Keep MOVING forward ( a favorite quote from this movie). When I get too drowsy from the stupid medication I take and just want to fold it all in - I need to MOVE. One step at a time, one goal at at time, one action at a time.

Yep. MOVE works for me.
What did you pick?
Hurry and choose your word - now we are going to do a project with it. Yes, I said WE!
So MOVING along... here are more pages/projects done...

Here is Ethan when he was only one. All I needed to do with this is add the ribbon and frame it (which I have been meaning to do like, um, forever and I HAD the frame already! See what I mean by MOVE?!)Here it is in the frame. Hard to get a good shot of it without a glare. It is a white frame purchased at ACMoore and advertised at being used to frame old record jackets. Its 12x12 only cost me a few bucks and works perfectly.Here is Halloween 2006. For this one I just needed to add the title and the journaling. Now, once I added the paper strips my intent was to write the comments to the journaling just like I did. Once it was done.... well I just wish I made a nice typed journaling box instead. Was going to "fix" it - decided to MOVE FORWARD and be done with it. For goodness sake it's been almost done for over a year! So it's going into the album - imperfect or not.Didn't have to do too much to this one either. You can't see it that well but stamped in the upper left corner it says, "One warm day in..." This is actually not THAT old and is from April 2007.

So, I need tallys from Deb and from Heather - oh and you need to post them to the blog please. Don't worry about if you are "caught up" to day nine. Just MOVE toward the 31 page/project goal. My current count is... 11. Remember a 2 page layout counts as 2 pages done!

Now if you want to participate with me for our One Word project go to your local hobby store (Michaels, ACM, etc.) and get a 5 x 7 canvas. Like this one. They're not expensive - just think simple (on that site they were 4.85 for a three pack!). Also get your Mod Podge ready. Go ahead, I know you're busy... JUST DO IT (another three word - one simple word that I considered).

Okay, this post took me awhile and I need to get the boys MOVING. I'd love to hear what you think about my word, and hear yours!!! :)

5 Comments:

At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My quest for a word continues... The first 2 words that I have contemplated, I have rejected. They are Freedom and Pure; both lovely words, but just not quite right for me... Oh, I just thought of a third... I better write it down to investigate when I get home from work...

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

Hey, I am so impressed with your constant blogging. You are doing great!

Ok, I think I have selected a word. "Revitalized." Definition: 1. restore strength; [syn: regenerate] 2. give new life or vigor to.

I will get my canvas tonight. I am hoping that Wal-Mart has it. Otherwise, my closest craft store is an hour away. Hobby Lobby. Just one. I wish we had a Michaels or JoAnn's or something else. I do have a Scrapbooking store about a 1/2 hour away, so that helps too. And I have stacks of papers, etc. from there. I just need to get to my projects!

Weather-wise. We too are cold today. Sun is trying to break through. Not quite overcast, but not sunny either. About 45 out. But at least the rain is gone.

Looking forward to the project....

 
At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patience

According to Webster on line-

Entry Word: patient
Function: adjective
Text:
1 accepting pains or hardships calmly or without complaint

Synonyms - stoic (or stoical), tolerant, uncomplaining

I think this is my word for 2008. I need to apply this in all areas of my life... As a mother, a wife, a special ed. assistant, a scrapbooker, and also, when it comes to taking care of me! I need to realize that everything will not always go the way I want them to and that things come with time and I have to work at them in order to see success. (In a nutshell!)

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Becky

 
At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did it! I picked a word. I know it is the right word for me as I cried a bit when I wrote my blog entry. I really hope I can find a canvas. I'm excited about this project. Thank you so much!

 
At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know where I should post my total. I chose here cause this is the post where you asked for our totals. So.... as of today, Jan. 13th, I have completed 14 pages! Yeah, what a great feeling. Only 17 more to go for the goal.
Deb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home