Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Shedd

After the last two rather dramatic postings I thought I should share a little something lighter with you. As a closing to the spring break we took a family road trip to the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago. Definitely check out their site... one of the best I've seen in terms of information and great nature shots. Anyway - I must confess that the trip wasn't without issues, but life's not perfect right?!

Here are some little wormy looking fish that I found amusing. Can you see their little eyes? I loved how they went up and down in the sand and were so wiggly. Very cute. Wouldn't want to step on one, but they were fun to watch. The "lovely" children enjoying the wave exhibit. You can't see it in this pic, but every so often a wave of water would come along. Interesting. Forgive my quotations around the "lovely" but my children's behavior was, at times, questionable. It got WAAAAAAAAY too crowded in there and it frustrated everyone. We will definitely need to go again but NEVER again on a weekend.
I kept waiting for them to dance. (click that linky, just do it...)
The dolphins were beautiful. Wonder why they swim upside down so much. Does anyone know???
The hit of the day was the 4D Planet Earth movie. Oh my was that fun. If you have been to Disney lately and saw the Bugs Life video, this is the same thing. We got sprayed, poked, wind blown, rocked and spritzed with smell. Very funny! Ethan liked it once it was over, but was not so fond of being randomly sprayed. The 3D part was cool too. Very informational and hosted by someone who either was, or sounded just like, John Cleese.

Did you do anything special this weekend?

3 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, so how did you get your hands on the video of me dancing at the beach? I thought that had been destroyed!!!! HA!HA! Great pictures of the attractions and I have to say, although they were "butt" shots of the kids, Abbie appears to be turning into quite the little lady. She looks like she has grown up a bit! Seeing that photo makes me miss you all so much more than I realize. I hope you have been able to give your scrap stuff a little more attention. I have been working on one of those word chip board albums by Bo Bunny. I happen to be working on the Family one. I will have to send you some pictures when I am done. It is fun and different... Sometimes I need to take a break from the old 12x12 layout thing. Please give everyone a kissy kiss. Miss you.

Becky

 
At 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are those worms or asparaguses??? (Asparagi????)

 
At 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That movie sounds really cool. The 3D movie at Disney was my favorite part of the whole day so I think I would probably really like it. Is this "the" major aquarium in your area? Like Mystic here or bigger? Your children look so big! Abbie does look like such a "young lady." I bet she is taller than me as Agent K is taller than me now. Did you know that? Can you believe that??? She still has smaller feet, but she has more height! Looks like you had some sunshine too! Whoo hooo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home