Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Two Posts - One Day!

Hello!
If you're wondering where I've been since last week... please see the post under this one. I've done two posts today!! :)

Just wanted to show you some of the awesomeness (is too a word!) that some wonderful people have done for the January challenge.

Here's Kristy's WORD, makes me want to grin just looking at it! I think red is such a vibrant and dynamic color - a good analogy for the changes she is going through right now. It also, to me, signifies her strength. That flourish she used just accents the fun of the WORD doesn't it? A very happy canvas for a very happy word!! :) Here is Tamara's WORD. I love the paper mod podged onto it! Love the ribbon accent too. I find the flowers and the birds very appropriate also for the word since she also Cherishes nature. I love the blue for the same reason. What a perfect blue - how did you distress it T? What a great look! Simply Lovely!
Ahhhh... our Beckala has the WORD that we all can use sometimes. I love the soothing colors of her canvas... love the pink, burgandy, and green. I love the use of ribbon as an accent too! Did you mod podge the ribbon on B'la? I feel a zen like calm when looking at this one. Beautiful Becky!
Here is Kendra's WORD created by Tamara also. With input and assistance from K. I love the quote at the bottom right of the canvas which says, "follow your dreams". What a perfect WORD and canvas for a teenager. I also love the butterflies - spreading the wings - what a powerful image. Gorgeous!
Thank you all for participating and sending me your pictures as well. There are still a couple coming (cough - you.know.who.you.are!) and I will post them when we get them.

For this month's challenge please be sure (as many of you expressed interest in doing it in real time with me) that you have your ten pictures of things you Love. Also please get them printed. Another thing that will help you is to gather your supplies. All paper with hearts, valentiny, love related, etc. You may want to gather a matching ink or paint color. I am going with a very traditional red/pink/white (+ green as a color accent) color scheme because I am keeping this EASY and FUN. My ten things? Here are a couple - I'll reveal the rest in pictures later on... (maybe tomorrow)

In no particular order (and remembering that no people are allowed - just THINGS)

- American Idol (used the icon and printed that)
- my computer
- my paint
- the sun

That's it - more later. Thank you all my guest artists for sharing your work!!!!! :)

6 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristy, your Word IS awesome! I also think that letting your letters hang off the edge like that shows your boldness and fearlessness. Go Kristy!
I like yours too Becky! Croppy is right - very soothing and serene...

So, you asked how I distressed? The question should really be, how did I not distress??? Actually I didn't quite cover the canvas with the blue paint. The light areas are the white showing through, but then I used a lot of Shimmer Mist in both Iridescent Gold and Denim Blue. I even misted between Podge layers. There was a lot of drying time, let me tell you!

I think I may need a trip to the LSS to gather supplies for our next project as there are so many fun new papers out now. How do things get attached to the acrylic? Is the point to cover it all or for there to be see-throughness???

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

I love everyone's projects too! Great work. I love how everyone took the project and made it their own. Such creativity. I do wish we all lived closer. I am surrounded by non-creative types. I may try to get a little group together. However, I am getting my basement scrapping area put together, so that's exciting!

Today it snowed, but it's almost all gone. Of course. At least it was pretty for a little while.

I love your blue sky picture. Very pretty. I want to take a picture of the snow and all here, but it just doesn't stick around long enough!

Glad to see your posts. And wish me good luck tonight with Ty. He spent the night with Dad last night. Went to bed in "daddy's bed" at 10pm with him! Great. So, now I've got to get Ty to sleep on time and in his own bed. But good news. He's already napping, so he should be tired once 8 o'clock rolls around....

 
At 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there... again my post did not post from earlier today... not sure why. Anyway, I will try to re-say what I said. I am quite jealous of your blue sky. We had a snow day today. First some snow, followed by sleet and freezing rain, followed by plain old downpours of rain. Lots of water... the river in my backyard looks like Niagra for goodness sake. It is giving me the bizarre urge to get my tube and go white water rafting. That would be a sight. I hope you are feeling better now. There is nothing worse than tooth issues. I would rather give birth again... really, I would. I LOVE everyone's canvas. They are all so inspiring. Yes, I podged over the ribbon but not over the magic mesh. I will need to go shopping for our new project. I do not have many supplies in pink or with hearts or anything. It is a great excuse to go buy and use product I would not normally get. Gots to go, talk to you soon. Miss you!

Becky

 
At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Wednesday! I got my acrylic album in the mail today. It was a much needed bright spot, since as Becky explained it was miserable today. It is still raining, and there is lots of flooding. (both roads and basements) We have been lucky, no basement water for us. I called from work to have SBB and SBZ check the basement. Can't have all those scrapbook supplies get wet you know! :>)

It was fun seeing all the word canvases. Nice job everyone. I have mine on my desk at work. It makes me happy to look at it.

Well off to make a Valentine card for my sweety. Last minute for sure.

Deb

 
At 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you have been gone for a while after this highlight of 2 posts in 1 day. I wonder if it is because you have completely fallen into the trap of the Twilight Trilogy. Inquiring minds!

 
At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love everyone's ideas. Makes me want to dig into my own pages. Haven't touched them since my last SB get-a-way wk-end. I hope you remember me from your Pgh trip/ SB weekend. I am Kelly's mom, Connie. I think you and Kelly need to find a convention in the Grand Rapids or Kalamazoo area and Heather and I can make the drive from PA.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home