Thursday, April 17, 2008

So Many Pictures, So Little Time

Hello out there, and how are you doing today?
In an attempt to be "caught up" with my blogging I have lots of pics for you today. Since the last few posts have been all writing I figured you wouldn't mind.
So, here is the new color of most of the downstairs of my house. It is called "vellum". I kid you not. Once I found out the name of the color I knew it was for me!! The main room is this color as is the kitchen and the downstairs bath. Here is a closeup of my new curtains. I love them sooooo much. I never really had any in my old house so this is a BIG DEAL for me. I think they came out wonderfully. What I also know is that I have tried and tried to get a good picture of the wall color (which is a happy yellowish) and the curtains and weather it's sunny, partly cloudy, or night I can't seem to really do the colors justice. Guess you'll just have to come and visit so you can see them in person!!! :)

There are two places downstairs with an accent color of a sort of green. Don't remember the name of this one.... bet DH does though. Anyway here is the kitchen with the exit toward the garage. On the left is the door to the bathroom and the right is the door to the (yet unpainted- i want stripes...) laundry room.

The man who did ALL the painting (remember I have a two story room... yep he leaned up a really tall ladder and was able to do all the trim and rolling with NO splotches on the ceiling or windows at all! he's a great man that DH is!). Here he is hanging my drapes.
The other wall(s) with an accent color are the ones in the slider alcove. Tried to get a decent picture of it, I think you can get the idea. Do you like my little sun wall hanging?
Also during DHs most recent trip (Texas this time) I finished a couple of layouts from the weekend with Heather in February. Here is Halloween 2008. Yes, I have one with Abbie too, but there were so many of her in that devil outfit that I have a whole two pager mostly of just her. Not done yet though...
Left side...

Right side...
This is from January of 2008. Ethan is not in it because he had those cookies already with his class and was taking a snooze when Abbie and Max made theirs.

Well, I have to go do some organizing and bill paying. Hope you have a lovely day!!!

4 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen,
Your house looks lovely! We are all on vacation this week...so we got a dumpster. Yes indeedy I have everyone cleaning and sorting and throwing. It's been great. Yesterday we did the garage, filled half the huge dumpster. It's amazing how big that garage actually is. I was taking a break to pay bills online..and got to be first post! Thanks for sharing pics of the house, makes me feel a little closer to you. Miss you lots.
SBD

 
At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, your house IS lovely! I like the arch from the kitchen to the garage. Do you love your garage door not opening directly into your kitchen or what? I also like the Vellum color - it looks very warm and happy and cozy. Your curtains are fantastic too! Where did you get them or did you make them? I like your sun on your wall too.
So, anyway, just so you know, I am sliglty recoverd from earlier today. The weater is so nice here that I just don't know what to do next. I'm sort of putting off the yard work until later so I don't tire myself out to early;)

Thanks for sharing your scrapbook pages! Have a great evening!

 
At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! I love the yellow or vellum! We painted our kitchen a nice bright yellow and I just love it! We still have yet to get curtains....one day.... I forget we moved at around the same time into our new locations so it is kind of neat to "compare" our progress when it comes to painting and "embellishing" our homes! Love your layouts... you have such a talent to make your pages look uncluttered and yet detailed. Does that make sense? We have been on Spring Break this week and really lucked out with BEAUTIFUL weather. Sunny and 70s. Spring soccer started back up for Zach, we have been very busy with cleaning up the yard, I do not think it had love for at least 3 years. There are so many plants/flowers popping up everywhere, it is fun to see what we will have. A weekly surprise in our very own yard! Of course I can not identify half of it so I find myself going on line looking up the growth that is popping out of the flower beds because I am too impatient to see what it is. Well, have to get ready to go, Zach is going to a 1/2 day program at White Memorial. Back to work/school on Monday. :( Talk to you soon.

Becky

 
At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I like that your AvaCroppy is recycling! She is right in the spirit for Earth Day. I think AvaSpinny may want to do that too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home