Monday, April 14, 2008

You're Invited...

...to my pity party!
Good grief, will I soon catch a break???!!!
(overreacting for dramatic effect here, just stay with me)

So, here is my day.
5:20 - awaken to the sounds of water blowing through the pipes. They had a "flushing" of the water here (first time I've had public water in years and years) and so there was air and rust in the pipes to be gotten through. A rude awakening. Scared Abbie too as it was she who turned on the shower! Since I couldn't fall asleep until after 1am I was less then thrilled to be up at this early hour.

6:00 - roll out of bed, decide to make the most of the head start of the day. Make a nice to-do list. Email Max's teachers about his splint, ear infection, and allergy issues. Continue laundry. Shower. Get boys up and dressed. Change Ethan's sheets (more laundry). Feed boys, pack backpacks, finish up some homework that we somehow missed (yes, during the bloomin 10 days we were "off"). Max runs behind - we miss the morning bus.

8:30 - Drive Max to school. 30 minutes round trip.

9:00 - One phone call, breakfast and then off to a few errands.

10:30 - home from errands. ethan and i are excited to spend the rest of the day together and i am excited to do my "to-do" list. hmmmm....

10:40 - call from elementary school - come pick up Max he has a headache. off i go. 30 minutes round trip.

Then til now... Ethan and Max bicker over a video. I can't take the walk I wanted to and leave Max alone. Fed boys and myself lunch. Did breakfast and lunch dishes. Reflected that it seems like we are still on "vacation" here. Debated having Max take a nap, but decided an early bedtime would be better for his body clock. Changed laundry. (One of these days you will have to suffer through an entire post on laundry... it seems to take up such a big portion of my life!) Soon I will need to go and pick Abbie up because I told her she would be early dismissal due to needing to pick up Max early for a dentist appointment. Thirty minute round trip with both boys, then drop Abbie and Ethan home, then take Max to get tooth filling. Then home, figure out dinner, make it, eat it, clean from it, early bedtime routine for all and then.... I am going to bed! I am bushed!!!!!!

In case ya'll were wondering why I don't have time to blog........

PS - wanted to put up some random pics from march and found I have very few and most were pathetic. vowing to take more this month. it's like i slept through feb and march. strange.

2 Comments:

At 11:19 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

Wanted to go to bed, but saw I would be the first to comment. So doing that before bed. So, feel honored. I would be....

It's back to being cold here. What's it like up there? Did you get the dreaded snow?

Some of my days feel like that too. I get Ty ready to leave, and then of course I've got to change a dirty diaper. It's always something, huh?

Hope Tuesday is better. I am going to bed. I don't even think my eyes can stay open long enough to read a chapter...I do need to get that book you mentioned. E-mail me the title and author, ok?

Have a great week!

K

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

I just called my library, and they are going to get Twilight from another library. You said I needed to read it...so I'll let you know what I think!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home