Thursday, October 30, 2008

Random Musings

Hello.
Very grumpy day today.
I suppose that happens. Still, I somehow feel apologetic about it every time. Like I have to be sweet Mary roses and sunshine all day every day with flowers bloomin out my butt or something. Today was not a bloomy day. No reason in particular, just everything seemed like a struggle. Did you ever have one of "those" days? Man I am exhausted.
So.
Rather then struggle and grump through an entry - I thought I'd do this little fun quiz just to shake things up a bit - here goes:
outside my window....
It is finally dark. I am looking forward to daylight savings as crazy as that is. Around here sunup isn't fully done until almost 8am! Dark mornings are strange, seems hard to get the day moving.

i am thankful for....
Many things. Today I am thankful that I managed to avoid falling asleep at the wheel.
from the kitchen...
is the smell of fresh baked sugar cookies that I am not allowing myself to indulge in. Torture to bake them. Need them for a spider project I am doing with Max's class tomorrow. I get to "take over" his class for a whole hour of spooky spider fun. Right now Kristin is likely chuckling.

i am wearing....
the smallest size I have worn since before Max was conceived.

i am creating....
{with humble apologies in advance to Heather for whom all this spider talk will give the heebedy jeebedies... sorry} spider headbands (stop laughing K) spider handouts, spider graphs, and spider facts

i am going....
to fall asleep soon

i am running....
every day - although not always just jogging, I count some of my more vigorous aerobics classes as running too. Same basic idea, less hard on the knees.

i am hoping....
1. to live through spider day
2. to be able to enjoy Halloween
3. to have lost enough weight
4. to get some decent rest (notice that theme do ya?)
5. to see some long lost relatives soon (hint, hint)
and lots of other stuff too

i am hearing....
Max playing with his sister's hairdryer - hang on, I'd better check on that one
Okay, all's good.
around the house.......
are more messes then i feel like dealing with in the near future. Hope to have them cleaned up by Thanksgiving.

one of my favorite things.......
trying on clothes that no longer fit, or old ones that now do

i just saw.....
High School Musical 3 - really last Friday - opening day of course. It was good, I enjoyed it. Not Oscar material, but there are some TALENTED kids in that movie. Really I think they are done now though, how much of this plot line can we take???

a few plans for the weekend.....
trick or treat!
soccer!
Is there anything else in life besides soccer????
Oh, and MAYBE sushi, that would be nice.
Happy Halloween Everyone!!!

1 Comments:

At 8:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you really do not have to be Polly Anna! You are allowed to be cranky... really! I have a positive thing for you. Here at Zach's school they do not allow any Halloween chatter AT ALL. No halloween activities, decorations, costumes,nothing. Don't you think that is ridiculous? I get the costume thing but come on! People are taking this whole "don't offend people" a little too far. So, be thankful that your children do not have to pretend these fun filled times don't exist while at school! I mean really, let kids have fun and be kids. It is one day out of the year. No Halloween??? Are you kidding me? You bet your bippy that Zach went to school today in a Halloween themed shirt and I sent in treats for his class. Of course I checked with his teacher first and she is on my side and simply said she has no control over what I send in my child's back pack on Halloween. Love her! Zach really has an awesome 2nd grade teacher. Can you tell I am really annoyed by the principal's decision on this? Anyway, enough about me, this is about you. I hope you are having a better day today and that you got a good night sleep last night? I can not wait to see pictures of the kids in their costumes. Zach decided to be a bloody zombie docter. I guess the cute animal and super hero costumes are a thing of the past! I may just put on an orange shirt, paint my face green and go as a human pumpkin, as my stomach will support the costume at this point! Well, I do have to go. Again, have a better day today. I will talk to you soon!

Becky

 

Post a Comment

<< Home