Monday, November 03, 2008

Halloween Part 2 - the Costumes

Hi There!
Happy Monday!
Did all of you have a nice Halloween? The weather here (and I'm pretty sure everywhere on the east coast too???...) was beautiful! PERFECT Halloween weather and the PERFECT day to have it on. A really nice one. The kids got record amounts of candy and for the first time ever we gave out ALL of our candy. Ethan and I separated from Jeff and Max after about 25 or so houses because that was enough for Ethan. Then we had a blast handing out candy. Abbie went with her friends and stayed out the latest and got a HUGE stash. Can someone please tell me now what to do with all this candy?! There is no way my kids are eating all they got. Also the pilgrim in me hates to throw it out and the dieter in me doesn't want it around calling me from the cabinet ("jenny... we are so yummy.... yooo hooo...."). Thoughts? Anyone? Help!!!

So, here is the neighbor pizza gathering. We had pizza and salad and it was fun for the adults to hang out together. Also starting the night with one adult beverage was nice and relaxing (not that I had one, but I am told it was a good idea). The rest of the pictures are pretty self explanatory. Abbie the flapper.
The three.

Our little puppy. Ethan was to be spiderman, wore spiderman costume to school on Friday and got very hot and annoyed by the muscles. Refused to put it on Friday night. Luckily we have a well stocked dress up box and he was perfectly happy to be a puppy. Whew, crisis averted.Max had been working on a robot costume, but try as we did we just didn't finish it all up on time to his satisfaction. It was great working on it though. So he wore his backup costume seen here. He needed it for school anyway since the robot costume was so big and bulky we knew it couldn't go to school with him. I got to see his school costume parade which was fun!
That's it for me - off to Abbie's conference and then to entertain the troops. Have a great week!

3 Comments:

At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jen

Halloween was perfect here too. I always think of our Trick or Treat days when I take the kids out in the same neighborhood we used to do.

I know some people who are donating excess candy to the troops in Iraq. That might be a good option for you guys. Gets the overabundance out of the house and teaches the kids about doing good for others as well.

take care and give my love to all.

Kim

 
At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there! I can't believe I'm behind reading in your blog by 3 WHOLE posts! I love it! All the fun Jenny info all at just waiting for me! I so like the adult bev idea. Why haven't I ever thought of that? I actually wasn't here for trick or treating as I was with LFG getting ready for our fiber sale on Saturday but I hear things went well here. I have no idea if any photos were taken. LFG and I went to an actual Witches Ball on Saturday night and that was fun and there were adult bevs there. I can't believe there is an actual halloween parade at your school. I used to actually really like to go to the ones that we used to have before 9/11 and we couldn't have them anymore. The kids were so cute and I think they really liked dressing up and parading around outside for the parents. I guess they just don't think it is safe here anymore. It did make good scrapbook pages though.

 
At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is me again - I just read what I wrote and I actually have to admit that I may have used the word, "acutally" a few too many times in that comment!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home