Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Gray Skies are Gonna Clear Up... Put on a Happy Face...

Well now... good afternoon to ya!
You will note by the title that I have resorted to singing old tunes (out of tune no less) to try and convince myself that soon all they grayness will be "cleared up". Here are our shots. A little different this time. Here is a back yard shot - lovely grayness. This picture was from Tuesday. Here is today's typical out the front door shot. See that bird? I wonder what it is? Tamara? I thought it was interesting and a nice backdrop for a picture of the gray. Got another 2 page layout done. Another one right off the blog. Handy. On to our canvas. I have had so much fun playing with mine, I hope you do too. I see why Donna Downey keeps making them (and selling them on ebay) it's FUN! So for your Word after you paint the canvas the choice is yours. I challenged myself to only use what I have ON HAND. No store trips to add to the canvas. For Ethan's (the smaller one) after painting I put star stickers (creative memories leftovers) and then did a light blue over the top in a streaky very light handed way. For mine I used lime green paint and a swirly stencil to do this next layer. The stars were important for Ethan's since when he SHARES he's a superstar! To me the swirls indicated MOVEment - it worked. Oh, and I love swirls and flourishes. Yep I do. Then when the paint was dry I peeled off the star stickers and here's how Ethan's (and mine) looked.For Ethan's I just added some star rhinestones that I had around (because they are so bumpy and pointy that when I use them on layouts they destroy the page protectors) and metal stars left over from a pack. Then assorted letter stickers. Done! Oh, and I mod podged over the whole thing because the stickers will peel off if you don't.
For mine I added the black Hambly rub-on in the corner. Then I used chipboard letters (that were already black) from Li'l Davis Designs. Both left over from other things. Then some quotes off of some 7 Gypsies sticker sets and finally my trusty labeler to make the other sayings. I used glue dots to keep the letters on and pop-dotted the "O" for fun. I am loving it.

I even have it right near me on my desk... see? Now, I'd really love to see your canvas or project. If you send it to my email (and with your permission) I would really like to post it here. At any rate I hope you have as much fun playing as I did!Here's another project to add to my done list. Remember how I want to decorate for Valentine's day? Well I got this kit because I was a volunteer at the GASC last summer. Still hadn't done it. It was a kit by Rusty Pickle (love their stuff). So, here are the chipboard letters in their plain chipboard glory.Painted them cream color and then sprayed them with walnut ink which was WAY fun!
Here's what it looked like then.Then I backed it with pretty paper, cut out flowers, made holes, assembled, and VIOLA!
On the mantle and looking nice and Valentiny. AND you bet I count it as a finished project so I am up to a total of 29 now. Whew! What's scary is I can do another month's challenge easily since I still have so much around here.

Well I have to run to the orthodontist. We have SO much snow here and we are expecting another foot tonight. Lovely. Perhaps we'll get our first snow day????

Finally, to update you on Ethan... he is feeling better finally! We are now two days with a normal temperature. Whoo hooo!!! Thanks for all your well wishes, he appreciated it! :)

3 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

I am the first one to comment. Woo Hoo!

I love your project. I think I need to choose a shorter word. I may just say "happy" since it seems elusive some days. This divorce is really wearing me down. And we don't even have a date yet (it was supposed to be yesterday, but that didn't happen).

So, Happy seems like something to shoot for!

I am sorry your days are so gray. At least we have sun today. Cold. But sunny. Of course we never get snow (did you see my "snow" on my last blog??).

Glad Ethan is doing better. Ty went to the doctor today. Ear infections. So, 10 days of an antibiotic. Saw the nurse practioner, and she mentioned a heart murmur. Cripes. Something else to worry about. I'm supposed to go back in 10 days to have his doctor listen to his heart. And if she hears it, off to the cardiologist.

Well, glad you are having a better day. Pass some of that good cheer down this way...I could use it!

Kristy

 
At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Ethan's word. Share is so perfect for a 3-year-old! What good thinking on his part;) So all your stuff is like totally and completely fantabulistically gorgeous! I love your LOVE decoration. Talented you are! I'll do mine soon, I promise. I have to work again tomorrow morning, but I do have Friday off! Woot!

 
At 6:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoo Hoo, I got my word canvas done! I emailed you a picture. What a fun project, thanks for thinking of it. That brings me to 24 pages and 1 project complete, for a totla of 25 things. I'm still on schedule amazingly enough.

Glad Ethan is better. It's not fun as a Mom when they are so sick for so long. Catch up on your sleep this weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home