Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Visual Aids

Hello there my dear friends!
For this post I am going to be long on pics and shorter on commentary (well, that's my intent anyway, we'll see how that pans out). I decided to take a picture out my front door every day for a week to show you all what I mean about the gray gloom. Then you will know that I am NOT exaggerating when I tell you it is like a gray blanket is over the sky. The clouds are so low it's like you can touch them. And they are continuous. Not gray and fluffy. Not gray and dark and ominous, just GRAY. Ew.
So... here is yesterday at noon.
Here is today at noon. Whoo hooo! A sunny day almost all day long. UNfortunately Ethan is sick (again) with a 104+ temp... so we haven't been outside much. But still I have enjoyed the loveliness of the sun coming in my windows. Ahhhhhh.
I have done two more pages. Total is now... 19. So I am in line with the date so far. I do want to note that some of these are soooooo old. That is why I can't list supplies used or anything. Who knows what they were?! Also please note that I very well may have used Becky Higgins's sketches book to do these.... don't remember. I just don't want to steal credit for something if I got help with the idea from someplace else. Anyway. Now for these for some reason I have the right page first, then left.
This layout was at Brodie park one weekend last April when it was nice and warm.
Here's Ethan's first Halloween. This time the pics are in the right order. This was a kit that I got at the Great American Scrapbook Convention. Not really my "style" if I have one... but I thought it was cute and knew I had the pics for it. So viola! I need to find a better way to take pictures of layouts. Scanning them doesn't work well for me since I have a small scanner and all the seaming them together is too time consuming. But I don't really think this is a great way either. It is hard to get them square in the picture, don't know why. Any ideas? Also - do you think it is better when I post the layouts one page at a time or side by side (for 2 page layouts)? I'd love your opinion.

Those of you who do holiday thank you notes... how are yours coming? Seems like I will be doing mine for the next year. Maybe this weekend I can find the time to sit the family down and just get them done. Do you write all the notes for your family or does your significant other help? Do your kids do them on their own yet? Abbie will, but Max still needs direction and encouragement and of course I do Ethan's.

Those of you doing your "one little word" canvas - please paint ONE COAT of your choice on to your canvas. The color, ideally, should reflect your word. For example, I chose yellow to paint mine since I think it is an energetic color that works with MOVE. Also it is my favorite color and makes me happy. I know I will smile looking at my word. Next post will have a picture of where we are so far.

PS - last post had some great comments! I commented to your comments in that comment section (gee... maybe my WORD should have been "comment"!). :)

3 Comments:

At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh look, AvaCroppy has moved indoors! I feel much better about her safety now. I do hope, however, that she is wearing her mouth guard. All that money you spent for those braces, you don't want to see it go to waste.
So, I think I like the scrapbook pages individually rather than a two page spread, but you should use your judgment as some may be better seen together.
Oh yes, and I have a question. IHA went out to buy me my canvas and he bought a 5x7 and and 8x10. Which one should I use????

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

Hey Jenny! I like the one page by itself. And I too have a scanner that only would do a regular piece of paper, not a square sheet. I think what you are doing is about all you can do. And I like them bigger like you do so that we can see the details.

I still don't have my canvas since Wal-Mart doesn't have them, so I will need to make the hour trip to Cape just to go to a craft store. Some days I get so annoyed with this area....

Looking forward to learning more about the project. I think my view from my front door is about like yours. Very dreary!

 
At 7:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you notes? Shmank you notes! I will get to them at some point. And since Zach HATES to write, it will be a challenge. Maybe I could have him do math problems on them, then they would be done in a flash!
I like the way you post your layouts. It makes it easy to see your work.
I can not decide what color to go with on my canvas. I am leaning towards pink and girly as it is not often I am able to do girly work... too much testosterone around here! Well, gotta go. Talk to you soon.
Becky

 

Post a Comment

<< Home