Thursday, January 24, 2008

A Welcome Visitor

Can you see what stopped by the state for a brief visit?
Yes! It's Mr. Golden Sun (go on, click on that link... you know you want to, and then WAIT a minute and listen) ... and a blue sky too.
I was so excited that I took both out the front door AND out the back door shots.Tonight I am so tired. Got everyone to bed early, mostly because I wanted to go!
I was in preschool again today - the teacher let me have fun and lead the activities. I made this poster, used a gingerbread puppet, made each child their own Gingy puppet to use when we read the poster and did the activity with it (you can see it to the side of the poster) read the Gingerbread Baby, played a gingerbread color game and counting game, baked + brought in goodies to decorate our own gingerbread people, and had a gingerbread man on cardstock for each child to fingerpaint. Whooo eee am I TIRED. Those three-year-olds will bush ya out. Here's my poster. Yes, I had fun making it. Took me right back to my classroom days. I adapted the poem from one about gumballs.Here's Ethan "working" the poster. The "gingys" are attached by magnets and when you pull a number out of the hat we attach that many gingys to the poster. Then we recount to make sure we are right. Fun. All the kids seemed to like it a lot. Did I mention I was tired?Luckily I had two gingerbread man/woman cookies left over. Soooooo we had a special snack today when the big kids got home and decorated them. Here's Max's. Then during that 3 - 6 time when everyone is usually, ahem, "difficult" I decided we would all paint since I have been having such fun painting on my canvases. Kept em quiet. You may want to try this Spinny. Not sure if I want to plan crafts for EVERY day, but it does help with the peace and tranquility.Speaking of our WORD canvases... here is Deb's. Didn't it turn out beautiful?! Deb I love it and think it is perfect in every way for your word. Would anyone else care to share?Oh my goodness I am so tired... (wait, have I mentioned that yet?)
I want to write more, but better head off to finish some chores before I turn in.
Happy almost Friday!
Do you have anything exciting planned for this weekend????

5 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Wow Jen! Your energy astounds me. You have officially earned the right to be exhausted, because I'm exhausted just reading about it. I'm busier than busy. I have a sick puppy dog who has to go to the vet tomorrow. She has a sore leg. I don't know how she hurt it, but she's really having a hard time walking. On top of that, I'm trying to get the house ready for company as Dawn, Mikey and the three boys are coming up for a visit. It'll be great to see them. I think it's been close to two years since they've been up. Anyway, I'm working on finding us a crop. I love your canvas and also Ethan's and Deb's as well. I'm still trying to find my word. For the past six months or so I've been living by the immortal phrase "It's all good!" But as that is three words, it really doesn't count as "a word".

Anyway, so glad to hear Ethan is well again. I hope we can find some more phone time soon and finish our conversation. I really do miss you. Give all the kids a big hug for me, and take care.

 
At 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh gee, Croppy, I didn't even click on that link and I was just in my kitchen and I found myself singing "Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun" and I thought to myself, why oh why am I singing Barney songs??? Thanks a lot, deary. I think I'm going to post an mp3 on my blog of some of K's cheers and then have you singing about Huskies in the atmosphere!

Anyway, it is so good to see Ethan up and about and not lying on the couch! Did they ever find out why he was sick for so long? Your children look so cute painting. They are so sweet. Yesterday J and B made up dances to about 4 very long songs and then had a show. It was very nice and I got some knitting done whilst watching them too:) I promise a 3 to 6 update on my blog soon. Plus I have to work on my canvas. Plus I have to dye some rovings. Oh so much to do today! Have a great morning!

 
At 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures in this post. So cute to see Ethan busy at school. So if 2 hours with the "energetic" three year olds wiped you out, have you figured out how we used to do it (charts, songs, and thematic snacks included) with 25 second graders? When will you be ready for that again!? Hope you have another one of your "sunny" days. I am in charge of the 14 cub scouts tonight, off to plan the meeting!

Kristin

 
At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your canvas Deb! I have to confess that I have not even bought my canvas yet. Maybe this weekend. Jen- so glad to see the sun out in your neck of the woods! Talk to you soon!

Becky

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

Hey, Jenny! So glad you have sun. We have gloom today. It's in the 40's. Ready for snow, or spring. Whichever. This cold and dreary is just not fun.

I do love the Faith canvas. No, I haven't done mine yet. I worked on a photobook last night for my aunt. It's through WalMart.com. 28 pages. Should look great. Her birthday is this week. And so the gift should only be about a week late. It took a few hours to get all the pictures picked out and placed. Could have scrabooked. But that would have taken even more energy. Something I am sorely lacking these days. I do have a toddler. Luckily he's sleeping right now. He wears me out! Hitting those terrible 2's.

I love your lesson for Ethan's school. I would love to get Ty involved in something like that when he gets a little bigger. Is it preschool or mother's day out?

Well, hope some sun comes your way again soon!

Kristy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home