Tuesday, February 05, 2008

34 Pages?!

Hello Everyone!
Did you miss me?? :)

I had a lovely time at the crop with Heather. We stayed at her house each night instead of the hotel and it was just so lovely. First time I've gotten to sleep in a Tinkerbell bed in awhile!! I love your house Heather!!!!

I was also lucky enough to get to see some of a swim meet with 2/3 of the girls in it. They are amazing swimmers and the high school and it's pool were amazing. That is Ona down there jumping in.While we were at the crop we wound up sitting for dinner with a pair of moms and their daughters. Would you believe - one of the daughters just recently moved to Michigan! RIGHT near where I am too. Next town over. AND she belongs to the church that I just had gotten a phamplet on and was considering joining. Now, to top all that off... the other daughter works as a customer service rep at Verizon and wound up helping Heather with a sticky phone problem she was having. AND then before we left the ladies that live near Heather invited her to monthly crops with them. SMALL WORLD isn't it???!!! Well, hello to Kelly if you get to stop by the ole blog. Glad to have met you all! :)

As to the 34 pages mentioned in the title... no, that wasn't me. Heather got 34 pages done though! Can you believe it??!! A overnight crop world record I think. She managed to finish an entire album about a recent trip they took. Pretty amazing. Oh and I think I got her addicted to inking and painting too. What was my total you wonder..... well..... I got 20 pages done. Not too bad. Thing is most of them need journaling to finish them off. Then I am going to post them to show you.

Oh, and I also did this altered mailbox and Heather did one too.
Cute isn't it?
The winner of my contest is going to get it, filled with some goodies, and the book too. Oh and I am sending the winner another mailbox (un-altered) of her own to alter as she sees fit. Just for fun. I am using mine like this... each day when the kiddies come downstairs in the morning between now and Valentine's Day I am going to have a "love note" in there for them to read. Yes, for DH too. Some days I may include a treat. Most days it will just be a hi, a proud moment, a quote, maybe a riddle, you get the idea. I thought it would be nice to do for them. Not sure how I feel about giving kids Valentine gifts - but this is a gift that I am totally okay with. I got the mailboxes at Target. There are lots of ideas for altering them in the magazines this month. Also I found a tutorial about them here. That site lists dimentions and everything. Wish I saw it before I did it all myself! Great site!!! At any rate, they were WAY fun to do. The small scale makes it very do-able. I think I am making one for each of Max's and Ethan's teachers too... I'll post them if I get to them. :) Oh... one other thing, when I got them at Target there were only backs on them... not front and back doors - so I thought that's how they go. You may want to check that because the other websites I have seen with them show both the front and the back cover. I may do a Target run to see if I can find any more... but not sure if I can.Oh, so maybe you are wondering who WON the contest?
Hmmm?
Perhaps?
Well... I did my usual highly scientific method.
Put your names on paper. Then folded the paper and put it all in my camera bag.

Shook the bag like a crazy lady.

Picked one name.

The winner is...

Of course Princess Buttercup has an alias that she goes by in real life. Any ideas who she is? I do know. Her package will be on it's merry way first thing tomorrow.

Congratulations!!! :)

PS - since this is such a long post I am going to put our challenge and our project up tomorrow. Have a happy Monday!!!

7 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger Kristy said...

You go, girl! That's a lot of scrapping. I don't think I've ever done that many pages in a week! Can't wait to see them!

Sad I didn't win. But looking forward to project #2. Still need to finish project #1. Went to a Michael's this past weekend and got some letters to finish up my project. I am very excited about them!

I also picked up some paper to do a page about the Elmo show. I'll post about that later today. Needless to say, Ty LOVED it! Was glued to it like you wouldn't believe. I'm glad we went. Although I am really really really tired of driving. 7 hours each way. And listening to Elmo there an back on the DVD since Ty doesn't understand the headset yet!

Talk with you later!

 
At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After reading Jenn's latest blog I felt the strong need to clarify something. First off, do not let yourself be photographed at 12am unless you are a super model with a make up crew on site; we are too old for those late night photos. Second, my 34 pages came after poor "teacher" Jenn sat cross legged on my scrap room floor for over an hour getting me all prepared. Then, I still proceeded to bug the ever living day lights out of the poor girl with non stop questions and requests to play with her oh so fun tools and paints. She gets more credit than I do.
I will say, it was very freaky to meet the ladies we did. Just goes to prove the Lord puts people in your lives when he says you are ready for them. We had goose "pimples" as my little one says all weekend.
Feel free to join us next year!
Heather

 
At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! That's me!!! It took me a second after being disappointed in not seeing a name that started with a "T" to realize my inner buttercupness. Yay and thank you so much!! The mailbox is cute and your love note idea is very cute too. We definitely could use a little more nice in our house.
Heather - I think you look wonderful!!! I was very impressed to see your photo and if I could get just 5 cents for every horrid croppping photo of me, I would be very rich (or at least I could get a cup of coffee and donut).
Hey the sun just came out here! Oh Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun...

 
At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I have to ask how this church pamphlet thing works. Does it tell you all the rules that you need to obey if you join that church? Do you collect them and see which church is the right one for you? I don't think churches around here have pamphlets, do they??? I just want one that has very simple, easy to follow rules that helps up be nice to others and to each other. That is all, just a little niceness and maybe some cherishing. Do any pamphlets say that???

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Kim said...

"Need a little nice", if you're lucky enough to find a church pamphlet like that, please send it on to me. I know nowhere like that exists in my area.

Glad to hear you had a fun time on your weekend. I may have a tip on a crop for us, Jen. More details soon.

 
At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow 20 and 34 pages!! You ladies rock! Congratulations to "Princess Buttercup" on the contest win. Love the mailbox, may have to make a trip to Target. :>)

Can't wait to see the new challenge. So far this month I have 2 cards and 2 6x6 pages made. Not great, but a little something anyway.

Glad you made it safely home. Hope you had lots of fun.

You know my answer to the church commentary. Try the church that the Donut Man belongs to. It is nice, and will bring you great joy.

 
At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there!
I think you should definitely try out the church... well that's just because I spend 40 + hours a week there. HAHA. I can't wait to get together and scrap. My honeymoon is next on my list. Your blog is so entertaining! I love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home