Wednesday, February 06, 2008

February Challenge

Hi there!
I can't believe it's Wednesday.
Wednesday night for goodness sake!
I am not sure I remember Monday or Tuesday.... where does the time go????

Okay, enough of that.
So - our challenge.
This month I challenge us to complete AND/OR create 14 pages. I thought 14 was a good number with Valentine's day and all. Also it is a short month and a week of it is almost gone. So 14 it is. I won't count the layouts that I did on last weekend as new... but as I finish them I think they will "count". I want that journaling done before I forget what I wanted to write about KWIM???!!! So, who's with me?

Okay, now that challenge isn't TOO big, so let's throw in a project as well.
Kristin and I were talking lately about acrylic albums.
I really, really want to play with one.
So - here we go!
I have purchased a 4x4 acrylic album with 4 clear pages and a front and back cover that are thicker (slightly) then the insides. I got it at my LSS but here are some links. Look here. And here. And here to see what i mean. Okay, now after surfing for the last 45 minutes I am thinking that my LSS cut them herself from acrylic because I can't find the 4 x 4 size out there. I am sure any size will work for you - just adapt directions accordingly.

Now, step one. We are going to make an album about "10 Things I Love Right Now". Please note I said THINGS. Everyone knows you love your spouse {hopefully!} and children... this time make the album about quirky things you're into at the moment. Also since this is the first time I am using an acrylic format I wanted easy and hearts and bling are about as easy as it gets.

Please take your pictures and have them printed. KEEP IN MIND THE SIZE OF YOUR ALBUM. Take pictures that can be cropped small... or have them printed wallet size. Also this week go ahead and root through your stash for love type items. Heart punches, stickers, flowers, pretty paper, ribbon scraps in red and pink... etc. etc. Get it all together. We won't match exactly but it doesn't matter. Also you will need some staz-on ink if you plan on stamping on your album (i do). Knowing myself as I do you can bet i will also paint on it if the paint will stick. I'll test and let you know.

So, I hope you'd like to adventure into acrylic with me. I have a feeling it will be addictive! Let me know if you are doing the project "live" with me - if nobody wants to in real time then I will just post the results and send directions to those who want it. I don't want to overly bore my non-scrapbook readers.

Okay, I'm off to bed.
Here are some of the finished pages from the weekend...
This is from a class I took at NESB. I have had the pages without the pictures for quite awhile now. Glad to have used it. Not as quick as i thought it would be - but very fun.

This was another kit (don't worry, these are the only kits I did over the weekend I think). It was from the GASC and I got it from the Kellers Creations booth. Neat stuff.

That's it for me. Please let me know if you're into the acrylic project or our challenge okay?

G'night. :)

4 Comments:

At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning! Ok, I was checking for a new post last night up to the moment I went to bed and look, you stayed up later than me! You know, you say that I take great tree photos and stuff, but your children/people photos are so awesome! I should take a class on people photos because I just can't ever seem to get good ones. So do you have any links for completed acrylic projects? I don't think I quite understand what they are going to look like when scrapbooked, but I will play along anyway. Perhaps today will be a good day to do my last month's project as I have a sick child at home with me and I shouldn't really be dyeing today. Hope you have a nice day! No sunshine here either...

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

Hey, Jenny. I am game too! I think I need some projects to focus on instead of this crappy other "project" which just got delayed again!!! Until the 26th. Ugh. I feel like it's never going to happen.

I love your scrapbook layouts. I need to organize the basement table and buy a stool to sit on and scrap. I'd also like some shelves for my papers, to organize. How do you do your pages...and keep them for later? Do you just stack them someplace, or put them in a book?

Well, hope you have a great day. Today it's gray again. Typical "winter." Cold and ugly. It's how I'm viewing New Madrid these days...

 
At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in on the 14 pages, and the acrylic album. I don't know if I've ever seen one, but sounds cool.

I must say your Avatar is looking quite cute! That's what we will all look like by spring right!?!?

 
At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Sounds like you had a productive weekend away! I am in for the acrylic album. I finally finished my January canvas project and will e-mail you a photo this weekend. Sorry to make this short. Things are busy right now. Again, I am sneaking in personal computer time at work... my friend is working on her math right now. It is amazing how much I am picking up in high school this time around! If only I cared as much 20 years ago.... oh my gosh...was I really in high school 20 years ago? I think I officially feel like I am catching up to you for the first time in my life... he...he... aaahhh can you tell me what the cubed root of 27/53 is? Yikes... talk to you later. Becky

 

Post a Comment

<< Home